Market Development Lead at Narrativ
Narrativ is the marketplace for unbiased product recommendations by experts on the open web. We exponentially increase match rate and augment commerce content with real time conversion data—turning honest recommendations from expert voices into a brand safe, multi-billion dollar acquisition channel.
Demand for expert recommendations has exploded, surpassing the need for simple price comparison and ushering in the era of the Intentional Shopper. This is a lean in, high intent shopper who seeks the whole story to find the products best suited to her individual needs.
Our product graph—100M+ products mapped to all of the rich stories about them and over $26B of live purchase data —powers our high match rate. Our market research tools help editors author better, higher converting product recommendations.
Why we’re special:
- Ambitious technology: Our technology mines and organizes the world’s product data in a way that’s useful (rather than intrusive) for consumers. We built a product graph featuring 80mm SKUs enriched with $20bn of monthly cart data, making it the largest database of products matched to product recommendation.
- Talented team: Fast Company recently named Narrativ one of the 50 best workplaces for innovators, fashion disruptor by Financial Times, and a technology pioneer by the World Economic Forum. We’re here to pursue greatness, embrace challenge and relentlessly improve every day.
- Fast growth: Narrativ drove $50mm in revenue for partners like Sephora, Nordstrom, Ulta Beauty, Chanel, Goop, Revolve, and more.
Join us for the opportunity to impact billions of shoppers on our mission to improve the value of every recommendation -- to create a better internet for shoppers.The Job:Narrativ is looking to hire a self motivated and research oriented market development lead to support our go to market team in selling to top publishers and retailers. This is a unique opportunity to have a fundamental impact on the success of a rapidly growing startup.
As our market development lead, you’ll build the tools, processes and eventually teams that allow us to expand our business to hundreds of commerce publishers. And don’t be surprised if you get to call on a few of the largest retailers and publishers in the world as well.
This isn’t the typical BDR type of role- of scrubbing lead lists, blasting templated emails and smiling and dialing. While there will certainly be some of that stuff, you’ll be expected to channel the voice of the market and provide input to leaders in marketing, product, and engineering. While we’ll certainly be here to support you, you’ll write and test your own emails, and run campaigns while acting as a sales planner and researcher. If you show us you can handle it, we’ll be more than happy to let you close the deals you source.
When it comes to growth, there are a lot of options in this role- as we build out this function, you’ll be able to build a team around you, own training, onboarding, optimization and work with marketing on G2M strategy. If you are looking to step into a closer role, you’ll be shadowing our Sales Directors when selling to F500 retailers and take on inbounds. There is also a growing Account Management, Marketing and Product Management function that you’ll get to work closely with and figure out other career tracks if you decide on a different career trajectory.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Identifying and maintaining a list of leads and ruthlessly prioritizing outreach
- Creatively prospecting into new accounts using any and all tools at your disposal- at minimum, we expect to test email, LinkedIn and direct mail outreach. And understand that phone isn’t going to dial itself
- Taking meticulous notes on all qualification calls and organizing prospect feedback into insights for our product and executive team
- Tracking all activity in Salesforce; we’re relying on you to commit to establishing best practices that can be rolled out as we bring new members on the team
- Being ready to pinch hit across ad hoc sales and growth management needs- we’re a small, scrappy team- you never know what tomorrow will bring
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience in the school of hard knocks
- Minimum of 2 years experience in tech sales. As this is our first frontline sales hire, we need someone who has done this before
- Track record of exceeding your quotas / key performance metrics.
- Experience presenting to senior business and technology executives. Bonus points if you have demoed enterprise technology.
- Ability to create new processes while taking the reins in testing and learning from….
- Proficiency in Salesforce is a plus
- Extreme flexibility and ability to thrive in an unstructured environment. We’re a pre-Series A startup that is testing and iterating on a ton of promising ideas. The technology that you are selling will rapidly evolve.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal stakeholders and customer executives.
- Self-starter who can work with limited direction. Lots of job postings list this as a cliche but we mean it.
- Humility, a willingness to work hard, and a hell of a lot of scrappiness
- Bonus: Existing relationships with retailer and publisher executives and decision-makers.
Narrativ is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.