Sales Development Manager
Smartling is a Deloitte Technology Fast 500 awarded SaaS company Headquartered in New York City with international offices in London and Dublin. Smartling uses market-leading cloud-based technology and data to improve language translation and localization outcomes.
The Sales Development Manager will build and lead a group of highly motivated sales professionals whose focus is to source and engage with high potential prospects. Your team will be the first point of contact with potential customers, they will qualify active buying interest and be a critical part of the bridge between marketing and sales to ensure new customer acquisition is consistent, high quality and frictionless.
You will report directly to the VP of Sales and work closely with Sales Leadership, Account Executives, Sales Operations, and Marketing teams, as well as oversee growth of the US Sales Development team. Oh, and having fun is also a requirement!
Tasks at Hand
- Create an exciting, ambitious and fun sales culture within a fast paced environment.
- Set the vision, strategy, and priorities for the Smartling Sales Development team.
- Inspire, coach and develop a team of Sales Development Reps that enjoy winning together.
- Lead headcount planning efforts to attract and recruit top tier talent.
- Own, drive, and accurately forecast activity and pipeline.
- Continually assess KPIs and implement team-wide initiatives to continually innovate and improve performance.
- As part of the global Sales Leadership team; regularly contribute to global sales strategy and planning activities.
- Partner with Sales and Marketing to implement programs to supercharge Smartling’s customer acquisition.
- Work closely with the Sales Operations team to refine and innovate the tooling and process.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 1+ Years of management experience.
- Top performer in SaaS, enterprise software sales.
- Passionate about coaching and developing people.
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Awesome ability to recognize patterns in sales cycles.
Nice To Have
- Sandler sales methodology training.
- MBA a plus!
- Understanding of localization and translation industry.
- Experience working with sales automation tools, e.g. SalesForce, Salesloft, Outreach etc.
- Results-focused. Exhibit commitment to goals and consistently deliver results.
- A team player. Work effectively and cross-functionally within all levels of management, both internally and externally.
- Enthusiastic. A fun and energetic co-worker.
- An analytical thinker. Ability to digest complex information and provide key insights.
- Customer-focused. Passionate for client success at all times.
- Detail-oriented. Supremely well organized with attention to detail.
What matters to Smartling?
To help our clients grow their businesses and to help you grow as an individual both professionally and personally.
- Competitive salary and employee stock purchase plan.
- An opportunity to learn and advance your career.
- An energetic, value-driven, and fun culture and team spirit.
- Take a break when you need it – flexible PTO.
- Company paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance.
- Commuter benefits.
- Convenient office in the middle of Manhattan – just blocks from Penn Station and Grand Central.
- Team outings (bagel Mondays, baseball games, happy hours, etc).
Smartling, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. No third party recruiters.