Sales Development Representative, Private Sector at Chainalysis (Greater NYC Area, NY)
Blockchain technology is powering a growing wave of innovation. Businesses and governments around the world are using blockchains to make banking more efficient, connect with their customers, and investigate criminal cases. As adoption of blockchain technology grows, more and more organizations seek access to all this ecosystem has to offer. That’s where Chainalysis comes in. We provide complete knowledge of what’s happening on blockchains through our data, services, and solutions. With Chainalysis, organizations can navigate blockchains safely and with confidence.
Chainalysis is seeking a motivated individual who is passionate about cryptocurrency, blockchain technology, and Web3. As a member of our Sales Development Team you will play a critical role in supporting Chainalysis’ mission of building trust in blockchains. Our team is responsible for engaging with prospective customers to understand their business objectives and identify areas where Chainalysis solutions can bring value to their organization.
Our Sales Development Representatives are focused on building strategic relationships through targeted outreach and effective communication. You will work alongside our Marketing and Sales teams to develop and execute a variety of prospecting campaigns to engage new customers.
We measure SDR success based on the number of qualified opportunities generated for the Account Executive Team as well as the revenue from SDR sourced opportunities. This role will be focused on generating qualified sales pipeline within our US Commercial Markets Team.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if...
- You have successfully executed prospecting campaigns into your territory that have generated qualified sales opportunities
- You are comfortable handling objections and capable of articulating the business value of our solutions to different stakeholders and organizations
- You are able to run effective screening calls that uncover how Chainalysis solutions align with and support a prospective customer’s business needs
- You have developed an in-depth understanding of the trends and use cases Chainalysis addresses across multiple verticals
- You’ve introduced fully qualified prospects to the Account Executive team that have converted into customers
- You are an expert in navigating Salesforce, SalesLoft, Linkedin Sales Navigator, Telegram, Discord, and other SDR tools
A background like this helps:
- Previous experience in outbound sales, cold calling, prospecting research, complex sales pitches, solution selling, fundraising, and/or recruiting
- SaaS / Software technology experience and proven success in a business development function
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and distinguished verbal and written communication ability
- Eagerness to work in a fast pace environment with the capability to handle pressure in a results-driven role
- An overachiever in whatever makes you tick - sports, drama, music, underwater basket-weaving, etc.
- Curiosity and interest in an emerging technology such as blockchain analytics
To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base salary ranges for all United States based job listings. We set standard base salary ranges for all roles based on function, level, and location, benchmarked against technology companies. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, relevant work experience, skillset, internal equity, and other factors, consistent with applicable law.
The salary range is: $57,000 - $70,000
Base salary is just one part of our total rewards package which additionally includes equity, performance bonus or commissions for eligible roles, and competitive benefits.
This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship.
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Harvey Milk Day, World Humanitarian Day, and UN International Migrants Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.