Sales Engineer at Merrill Corporation
Merrill Corporation is the industry leader in technology solutions that enable mergers, acquisitions, initial public offerings, restructuring and other critical capital transactions in more than 170 countries. We provide the world’s leading investment banks, private equity firms, law firms and corporations with tools to simplify, streamline and accelerate the due diligence process, helping them close more deals, faster. We are a global team of high-energy, passionate people. We have strong individual voices but we work as a team, bringing out the best in each other. We thrive under pressure and always keep the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Merrill’s Sales Engineering team provides pre-sales support for the DatasiteOne platform. Our focus is on leading technical sales efforts, working alongside the DatasiteOne Sales team to present solutions that bring value to Merrill customers. We are looking for a Sales Engineer to join our growing team, in this role you will be the technical product expert working in close partnership with our sales directors and Product Management and Engineering teams to bring new products to market.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The DatasiteOne Sales Engineer is a critical part of the sales process at Merrill. You will work in conjunction with the sales team as a key technical advisor and advocate for Merrill SaaS solutions while continuously improving the conversion rate from qualified opportunities to successful wins.
Sales Activities include:
- Collaborate with sales representative to gain an understanding of the client’s situation and why they have interest in Merrill.
- Lead Discovery sessions into customers current environment and processes and be able to identify pain points and help determine how the DatasiteOne Platform can remove those issues.
- Facilitate user workshops to provide a hands-on experience of the DatasiteOne tools, use these interactive sessions to build awareness of the DatasiteOne platform and help close business faster
- Deliver customized software demonstrations and technical sales presentations to existing customers as well as pre-qualified prospects via web-based delivery or on-site meetings.
- Research, compose, and deliver responses to RFPs while interacting with clients to clarify requirements and review RFP responses for technical accuracy.
- Explain product capabilities, limitations, and implementation requirements and describe technical tradeoffs and implementation alternatives while balancing revenue opportunities.
The Sales Engineer is both the external and internal product advocate at Merrill. Sales Engineers are part of the team bringing new products and capabilities to market which requires us to have strong relationships the product organization and be their voice in the field with customers both updating customers on new solutions and taking customer feedback into the product teams.
- Partner with Sales Operations and Marketing Teams to develop and promote Merrill suite of services in an effort to best align our resources in the marketplace to generate leads.
- Responsible for explaining and researching the technical capabilities of Merrill's products vs. our competition and communicating this to both internal and external audiences.
- Promote and lead team meetings with Operations and Product Development Teams to share client experiences and coordinate possible enhancements to the platform and/or the process.
- Responsible for researching, organizing and documenting the competitor products and services to ensure that Merrill maintains a competitive balance in the marketplace.
- Work with Sales Support Team to help prepare and participate in training programs for sales representatives.
- BA or BS Business Administration, Computer Science or other related fields
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in technical services with emphasis on direct client contact and consulting and sales support.
- Working with Business development & sale executives to help qualify new sales leads, educate prospects, and an overall end-to-end understanding of complex customer solutions
- Experience working with clients from M&A, Capital Markets & Legal ecosystems
- The ability to present technical concepts in a confident engaging manner
- Experience with technical requirements of a SaaS implementation including SSO, IAM and APIs
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal.
- Executive presence, ability to interact with internal and external clients and comfort with presenting to C-level executives.
- Working knowledge of security requirements of SaaS solutions in financial, legal, private equity and corporate communities
- Ability to appropriately direct efforts of diverse internal and external groups to achieve required results
- Understanding of change management techniques related to impact of deploying new software
- Demonstrated project management experience with a high level of attention to detail
- Willingness and ability to travel during sales cycles, often with minimal notice (30-50%)