Sales Manager (New York) at Better.com
We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $600 million in home loans per month
- Nearly $5 billion in loans funded since our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, we’re one of Crain’s “Best Places to work”
- We’re #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in NYC
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire home buying journey.
A Better opportunity:
We’re building a world-class sales organization - one that combines highly effective sales processes and systems with a customer experience that people will rave about. Through our technology and efficiency optimizations, our non-commissioned sales representatives are on average 10x more productive than industry standard.
We are looking for a strong people leader to manage one of our teams of all star sales representatives. The right person for this role is an experienced Sales leader who is able to motivate their team to excellence. It is someone who knows what world-class sales and customer experience looks like, is itching to be the driving force behind an amazing sales team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage team of 10-15 sales representatives
- Provide leadership and direction to high-performance sales team
- Actively participate in fast paced hiring effort
- Coach and uplevel sales representatives
- Develop creative and innovative ways to improve team performance
- Manage and monitor performance metrics
- Mentor future sales leaders
- 3+ years of experience in inside/tech sales
- 1+ years of management experience
- High empathy and customer centric
- A proven leader and mentor
- Strong bias-to-action, as well as a strong sense of practicality and effectiveness
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
- Highly adaptable, and able to thrive in ambiguous or uncertain environments
Bonus points for:
- Experience at a high growth start up
- Mortgage, consumer lending, financial services or B2C sales experience
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you don’t get excited about homeownership, mortgages, and real estate, it simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.