About the role...
Do you take pride in delivering an awesome experience for customers? Are you passionate about leading teams to successful outcomes? Is the concept of hiring, growing, and developing junior talent extremely motivating for you? Then consider our Sales Manager role within our Life department!
Sales Associates are on the front lines of the Policygenius customer experience: managing all inbound and outbound leads for prospective life insurance customers and ensuring they get the coverage they need (and feel good about the process)! The Sales Manager is a critical leader to maintain the strength of this group - your team is the first touchpoint for all of our customers, and you will be directly impacting Pg's revenue and growth!
In this role, you will...
- Manage a team of Junior Associates to Team Leads and own their individual and team-level performance by delivering structured feedback through 1:1s, performance reviews, and professional development conversations
- Align direct reports on team and individual goals (daily, weekly, monthly) and provide regular visibility into the progress toward those goals
- Provide coaching and supervision through side-by-sides, retroactive call/ticket review and team huddles
- Identify opportunities to improve customer conversion and sales team performance by analyzing data and key performance indicators, working with the Analytics, Operations, and Product teams frequently.
- Be accountable for the hiring funnel of your immediate team by delivering on hiring targets set by Director of Sales & VP of Life Operations
- Provide actionable feedback from clients and the team to drive process and product improvements
- Regularly report out on team performance to company executives (Founders,VP, Directors), focusing on insights and initiatives to improve performance
We'd love to hear from you if...
- You have 4+ years of relevant work experience; previous management or player-coach experience in a Sales organization required
- You are a team-player with strong management skills, including a passion for people, motivating & inspiring team members, and performance management
- You are an empathetic communicator, with a preference for direct feedback and open, honest conversations
- You possess a sales mindset -- you’re motivated by the opportunity to connect prospective customers to a product that meets their needs
- You have experience in needs-based and suitability selling techniques
- You employ superior analytical skills that thrive in a data-driven environment
- You are effective at problem-solving and have the ability to prioritize and re-prioritize throughout the day for yourself and your team
- You boast a positive attitude with a desire to grow professionally and contribute to the success and culture of the company
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO, including Parental and Pawrental leave!
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership, including Jen Fitzgerald our CEO, Frank Kumpuris our VP of Life Operations, and Ben Asnis our Director of Sales (you'd report to him!)
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship in our brand new NYC HQ at 32 Old Slip in the Financial District!
- Note - this role is open to relocation to the NYC area
Policygenius is America’s leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. To date, we’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance and placed over $45 billion in coverage.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we’re looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine’s “Best Workplaces” two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!