The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
As our Senior Director, Business Development, you will be accountable for leading the business development efforts for one our largest business units in the world. This hands-on role is responsible for identifying and securing new revenue opportunities and building upon existing relationships multiple strategic partners, while working with key internal stakeholders to deliver and support long term regional success. You will lead an existing team of high performing sales managers and work to grow the team substantially over time.
You are a master relationship builder, sales leader, and creative problem solver. You exhibit high emotional intelligence and professionalism at all times and are a true consultative business partner with your clients. You are well versed in the media agency landscape with key relationships already established. This high visibility role offers an unparalleled opportunity to lead one of our largest revenue opportunities by demonstrating your understanding of programmatic, customer engagement, & strategic up selling.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Develop a vision and strategy for TTD’s business with one of our largest business units
- Manage an existing team of sales managers and individual contributors
- Attract, develop, and retain superstar talent
- Work hand in hand with various agencies and brands
- Work cross-functionally with global client services and trading teams to cultivate accounts
- Participate in product road map build out discussions based on client needs with senior leadership, product, & engineering
- Take the lead in responding to RFP’s or new inner agency opportunities, including qualification & win strategy
- Work closely with product, marketing, and revenue teams to constantly optimize efforts relating to company-wide goals
- Identify and close strategic up-selling opportunities by understanding core client business needs
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unrivaled selling propositions and differentiators
- Mentor and manage others in the organization with account responsibility
- Make a positive contribution to The Trade Desk company culture
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of experience managing senior sellers and a scaled sales teams, with a special knack for developing great talent
- Outstanding sales leadership experience, with a track record of up-selling and winning net new accounts
- Experience working with East Coast media agencies and brands
- Experience building longstanding, consultative client relationships
- Strong quantitative skills and ability to manage commercial negotiations
- Proven track record of exceeding revenue expectations
- Strong communication skills with the ability to speak with C-level clients
- Proven ability to manage within a matrix environment, & collaborate across multiple departments
- Experience at an online publisher, ad network, ad exchange, ad server, SEM platform, DSP, or other online advertising roles preferred
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.