Senior Sales Manager at Talkspace
Our mission at Talkspace is to make therapy affordable and accessible to everyone. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Help over one million people feel better.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Sales Manager to join our Enterprise team in our NYC Headquarters. This role would be responsible for maximizing sales performance by successfully managing the direct to employer outside sales team. We are looking for someone who is experienced in building and managing a sales team and has a track record of meeting and exceeding annual sales targets, and driving rapid growth. Expertise in healthcare and/or selling into HR/benefits managers a plus.
To work at Talkspace, you need to be as passionate as we are about our work, and excited to partner with us to achieve our mission of bringing quality mental healthcare to all.
About This Role
- Manage and expand our team of outside sales representatives: capacity planning, recruiting, territory alignment, objective setting, coaching and performance monitoring
- Directly work with sales reps to identify and cultivate ideal customers for Talkspace
- Develop and execute strategies for direct to employer sales campaigns and pipeline expansion
- Develop reporting criteria to effectively manage pipeline, close ratios and achievement of individual annual sales targets
- Relentless focus on pipeline, close ratio and achieving sales targets
- Accurate forecasting of sales projections
- Gatekeeper process for non-standard product features in new sales
- Develop ongoing post mortem process and provide actionable information to internal stakeholders
- Sales playbook and ability to adjust based on competitive landscape and emerging trends
- Masters degree in business administration or a related field
- Successful previous experience (5+ years) as a sales manager, consistently meeting or exceeding targets
- Proven experience independently building out a sales playbook covering the entire lifecycle from lead gen through close, including recruiting/team management and analysis/reporting
- Achieve objectives through effective planning, setting sales goals, analyzing data on past performance, and projecting future performance
- Experience and understanding of direct to employer sales buying cycle and decision criteria
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Strong business sense and industry expertise
- Relentlessly data-focused and hold yourself and team accountable to goals
- Experience recruiting and building out a successful sales team
Because we are on a mission to make the world a better place. Our focus to help people feel happy starts at Talkspace, where we connect, collaborate, and have fun. Monthly team outings, happy hours, in-house family-style lunches, office snacks, unlimited PTO, access to Talkspace products, ping pong table, and competitive benefits are just some of the ways we make Talkspace a great place to work. Do you want to save the world? Come join us!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Talkspace is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.