Solutions Architect at Welocalize
Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:49 a.m. (EST) on Thursday, April 9, 2020
Welocalize enables brands to reach and grow global audiences through services and solutions for translation, localization, adaptation, interpretation, and automation. We offer multilingual solutions to transform all content types for local audiences, at every step of our clients’ global business journey. We have 1,500 global team members across offices in North America, Europe and Asia dedicated to helping some of the world’s largest brands operate and succeed internationally.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
Solutions Architect is the most senior technical role supporting the Business Units. The role holder must have significant expertise both technically and commercially in localization and content transformation. The Solutions Architect will design solutions for a set of defined clients and customer prospects.
- The following is a non-exhaustive list of responsibilities and areas of ownership of an Architect:
- Program Design
- Lead technical and process aspects of early sales and project planning meetings with client representatives, Welocalize business and project management owners
- Determine best approach and technology configurations for content localization and transformation
- Author, communicate, and deliver vision and detail to win RFPs though proposal writing and presentations
- Craft production program overviews for new service lines in conjunction with Welocalize stakeholders
- Program Implementation
- Configure and communicate processes for internal and 3rd party translation environment tools.
- Define detailed localization production steps in conjunction with the Welocalize Shared Services and Production staff
- Inform and communicate new production requirements on behalf of business stakeholders
- Deliver localization production training to internal and external resources as needed
- Evolve and communicate best practices in creation, maintenance and delivery of work products
- Communicate technical knowledge and resolutions to internal and external stakeholders
- Consult on TMS setup and configuration and the use of other 3rd party localization tools and standards
- Troubleshoot -- Solution problems that arise in engineering and production processes to defined quality standards
- Develop, drive and manage forums to share information, process, tools, etc.
- Support production staff through projects, initiatives, load balancing and program efficiencies
- Support Welocalize‘s marketing organization through content authoring
- Represent Welocalize within industry forums conference attendance
- Take responsibility for mentoring team members, providing training and support to the production team on the localization tool usage.
- Develop measurable cost savings initiatives through efficiencies and optimization
- Drive thought leadership throughout the organization on utilization of data to improve program performance and customer satisfaction
- Escalation point for production teams related to internal and external technology infrastructure
- Provide the business with informed evaluation data for new localization and content transformation tools and methodologies
- 8+ years of experience in localization
- Must have demonstrated mastery in three of the following:
- Other TMS systems
- CMS infrastructure
- Scripting languages
- Authoring API integration plans
- Computer experience working with multiple Operating Systems: all Windows platforms, UNIX, and Mac.
- Familiarity with international software development, testing, and user acceptance
- Strong interpersonal skills: teamwork, able to learn new skills quickly, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A good understanding of the overall localization business and its application to company strategy
- Sound knowledge of the software development process and cycle
- Agile development environments
- Strong knowledge of the Office System applications
- Good organization, prioritization and time management skills
- Understanding of programming/scripting languages and concepts
- Able to function in a multi-task environment
Other Relevant Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills in a culturally diverse environment
- Able to clearly communicate detailed information both verbally and written
- Appropriate testing skills, both functional and localization testing
- Able to understand and troubleshoot software development build environments
- Understanding of character set encodings and conversion of encodings
- Skill with translation memory tools such as Trados, Catalyst, etc.
- Understanding of markup languages such as HTML and XML
- Flexibility and ability to learn new technologies
- College degree in related area and/or related experience in language or software localization.
Read Full Job Description