Sr. Expansion Sales Development Representative
About Managed by Q:
Managed by Q is the workplace management platform. We help the world’s leading companies build, design, staff, and manage their workplaces. By connecting office operations teams to dedicated workplace experts and top commercial service providers, Managed by Q enables companies to create inspiring offices and deliver a great workplace experience for their teams.
Managed by Q was founded in 2014 with a vision of changing how we interact with our workspaces. Today, our team helps thousands of companies nationwide operate their offices and create an environment that inspires their teams’ best work. Empowering others and building diverse and inclusive teams are core to Managed by Q’s mission. We are committed to creating good jobs, helping small businesses grow, and enabling companies to focus on what they do best. Managed by Q is headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Boston. Managed by Q is backed by the We Company, after successfully being acquired in 2019. If you have a love of learning, are drawn to hard problems, and want to spread opportunity within your community, we’d love to meet you.
About the role:
If you’re looking for an opportunity of a lifetime – Q’s expansion team is looking for motivated, ambitious sales professionals to join the front lines of our team.
The Senior Expansion Sales Development Representatives are the lifeblood of our new market expansion growth effort. We are tasking the Expansion Sr. SDRs with the responsibility to hustle and figure out the best meeting-setting strategies as we seek to open up new markets. Expansion Sr. SDRs are responsible for prospecting, qualifying and driving new business into the top of the sales funnel in our new markets. You will be assigned to one specific new market and you will support that Market Launcher to get the market off the ground and growing FAST. You will also have coaching and support from sales management, marketing and the entire expansion team.
- You know that sales is strategic. Every conversation is different, you think dynamically and remain calm under pressure
- You believe the best process is derived through experimentation and iteration, and you are never satisfied. When you believe in the product you are selling, you are excited to share it with the world
- You believe in the mission of Q to make the world work better, and have limitless potential to grow within the organization
- You view challenges as opportunities and look forward to the challenge of bringing Q to new markets. You’re relentless and you know the only way to handle rejection is to try again
- Process lead lists down the lead funnel ensuring the most qualified leads hit sales
- Responsible for setting meetings as necessary for the Launcher
- Research prospects on LinkedIn and other relevant internal databases
- Collect disqualified leads sources and aggregate new ones for reporting
- Add prospects to marketing campaigns and contribute to our overall lead creation goals
- Travel to the expansion market approximately 1-2X per quarter to learn about the market and engage in on-the-ground prospecting and meeting-setting activities
- Cold calling and cold emailing prospects as necessary
- Previous experience as a Sales Development Representative
- You’re self-motivated and coachable: you don’t need somebody to tell you to do your job, but you welcome feedback
- Sales isn’t something you’ve fallen into, it’s something you’re passionate about
- You’ll never back down from a challenging conversation and you love to think on your feet
- Comfortable and competent having conversations via phone and email
- Eager to learn from experienced sales professionals and grow a career in tech sales
Perks & Benefits
In addition to offering world-class health benefits, 401(k) matching, parental leave, and highly competitive compensation, Managed by Q also offers a work culture of psychological safety, transparency, and continuous learning. We have an Employee Resource Group, which leads the charge on wellness and inclusion initiatives, and host an annual all-company Hack Day (not just for tech folks). Every other week, all 165 employees get together over catered lunch to build bridges between teams, and monthly, one of MbQ's people leaders hosts a workshop for managers focused on effective leadership. As the newest member of the We Company, Managed by Q looks forward to expanding our perks even further.