SVP Business Development at Rokt
You are smart with humility. You set an example that others are inspired to follow. You make heroes of your team and are humble about anything that you achieve personally or as a team. You argue passionately for what you believe in, but even when you disagree with the final outcome - you support it wholeheartedly. Your technical expertise is second to none, the team at Rokt and beyond look to you as an industry leader. You are unconsciously competent - you deliver in your role without having to think about it, it comes naturally.
You are customer obsessed. You have Mastery at seeing all customer perspectives with ease and the ability to weave them into all you do (external clients and their consumers, internal customers and relationships with partners & suppliers). You are a source of customer insight and inspiration for how and why to stay obsessed about them. You are always encouraging your team to consider new ways to stay customer obsessed.
You are up for a challenge. You are able to move easily between the broader vision and specific actions required to manifest the bigger picture, and you help others develop this skill as it’s essential in enabling the identification of new opportunities for your team and Rokt as a whole - you present these thoughtfully - with the magical combination of gut instinct and strong research/support.
You enjoy the ride. You are professional and act with integrity at all times. You deal sensitively and appropriately with behaviour that challenges others enjoying the ride. You look for every opportunity to support others in optimizing their work experience at Rokt.
About this role
The mission of this role is to drive growth by successfully forming partnerships with the world’s greatest e-commerce companies through the deployment of Rokt’s e-commerce marketing technology. In this role you will be responsible for initiating, developing, and nurturing net new high level strategic partnership opportunities across the US (and open to include EMEA).
You're a strong fit for this role if you have always been an over-achieving technology sales person. You thrive in a high performance and high velocity culture where winners are rewarded generously. You have a razor-sharp commercial mind built to solve complex client problems with creative solutions. You are a seasoned and proven sales leader in either enterprise SasS, IT solutions and/or e-commerce business development roles. You are happiest selling technology into the C-Level of large, complex organizations, managing multiple stakeholders and helping them solve their toughest business problems. You're a self-starter and an organized teammate who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, customer-obsessed and results driven environment.
Outcomes & responsibilities
- Develop a successful business development strategy for your book of business, leveraging internal resources to achieve your revenue objectives.
- Penetrate target accounts at corporate levels through executive briefings/meetings to develop an intimate understanding of customer's business, technical issues and organizational structure, and document using appropriate internal systems for optimum collaboration.
- Move client prospects through the funnel, from consideration to executed contract including managing the pitch process; oversee internal process for responding to RFPs and preparing for pitches. Partner with the Customer Success team for 12 months from launch to ensure embedded success for each client.
- Manage successful working relationships with Executive team, SDR’s, VP Operations Consulting & Industry Vertical VP’s to successfully acquire, launch and grow supply partners.
- Contribute to the development of Rokt’s GTM strategy and materials, including marketing materials, credentials / capabilities, case studies and thought leadership opportunities.
- Maintain an updated CRM (Hubspot) database of prospect contacts, leads, and deal opportunities.
- Ultimately continuously achieve quarterly and annual revenue goals
Capabilities & requirements
- Significant & proven track record of closing high value solution sales in complex SaaS/ Technology services services at between USD$4-$20 million deal size
- Strong network of C-Level across several verticals
- Outstanding client-facing and problem-solving skills. Polished, articulate and credible when communicating with partners in business and social settings. Full comprehension of client businesses and needs.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute strategically to clients and company, combined with comfort to roll sleeves up and dig into the executional detail
- Entrepreneurial background/experience is a plus. Ability to work independently and collaborate with internal constituencies is key.
- Excellent written, interpersonal, verbal and listening skills.
- Understanding of digital media and emerging marketing and marketing technology is preferred
- Past experience and deep executive knowledge & credibility of one of our priority industry verticals of e-commerce/Retail, Travel or Events & Ticketing is ideal.
- Bachelor's/Master's degree. Post-graduate degree not a requirement but highly regarded.
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruiting process is tough. We hold a high bar because we have a high performing culture - we only want the brightest and the best.
- Join a community. We believe the best things happen when we come together to solve complex problems and make meaningful connections with each other through interest groups, sports clubs, and social events.
- Accelerate your career. Develop through our global training events, ‘Level Up’ investment, online training courses and our fantastic people leaders. Take your career to Rokt’speed - the average time between promotions is 12 months.
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us 3 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch 3 times a week and healthy snacks in the office. Plus, join the gym on us! Access generous retirement plans like a 4% dollar-for-dollar 401K matching plan in the US. In the US, get fully funded premium health insurance for your whole family.
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone gets to enjoy the upside.
- See the world! Along with our global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020), we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have cool offices in great cities - Tokyo, New York, Singapore, Boston, Sydney.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and recognizes that a diverse workforce is crucial to our success as a business. We would love to hear from you - irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, color, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.