Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we’ve built four brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men’s hair loss), Cove (for migraine), Evens (for acid reflux), and our newest brand, Picnic (for allergies). We’re growing rapidly, recently raised a $140m Series C, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including HealthQuest Capital, Mousse Partners, Bracket Capital, Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, among others.
This year, we are honored to be included on Built In's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
Thirty Madison’s mission is to make specialized care and treatment accessible to everyone. To accomplish this, we have developed a novel approach to healthcare delivery that combines the best of specialized care with the convenience of telehealth and treatment delivery. As we continue to expand our current offerings and launch new therapeutic areas in more complex conditions, accepting health benefits and developing alternative coverage models will have a meaningful impact on ensuring that the maximum number of people have access to care from Thirty Madison. We are looking for a world-class and seasoned healthcare executive to serve as VP, Payor Strategy & Business Development to lead this initiative and build a payor organization.
In this role, you will be responsible for both driving the strategy and execution for how Thirty Madison should engage and build innovative relationships with a broad range of players in the payor space, ranging from PBMs to insurers and self-insured employers, to HSA providers, as well as leading outreach and negotiation of contracting. You will use your extensive payor network to connect and work with partners to understand how Thirty Madison can both integrate with and revolutionize traditional payor business models. You will work closely with the General Managers who run each business unit to build outside-the-box ideas for how payor relationships can enable broader reach and sustainable economics for their businesses. As the leader of our payor organization, you will be responsible for building a team that can source, close, and manage partnerships across the payor landscape, expanding access to a seamless and delightful healthcare experience for millions of customers across Thirty Madison’s businesses.
The ideal candidate has experience within a leading payor, PBM, pharma or healthcare company. You are an expert networker and seasoned negotiator who is able to context-switch with ease and demonstrates a mastery of both the strategy and sales aspects of payor relations. We look for teammates who are humble, curious, kind, proactive, resourceful, and will challenge us at every turn. This is an incredible opportunity for someone who wants to drive change in healthcare and improve how millions of people manage chronic health issues.
This role reports to the GM, Platform.
You’re the right person for this role, if you are:
- An established leader, with deep expertise in payor business models, contracting, and leading teams across multiple functions within the payor landscape
- Able to call upon an extensive network within the payor space to source and execute on partnerships
- Passionate about expanding access to healthcare by expanding coverage to Thirty Madison’s care delivery model
- An innovator who can take our novel approach to healthcare and think through new payment models and partnerships that change the way care is paid for in this country
- A seasoned negotiator, able to get the best deals even when sitting across from significantly larger organizations
- A veteran manager, having successfully led multiple teams spanning a range of experience levels
- A creative and versatile problem solver. You thrive in fast-paced, constantly changing environments by creating structure and process where there is none
- Relentlessly analytical, with strong quantitative skills, an ability to wrangle, digest, and glean actionable insights from data, yet unafraid to use your judgement and trust your instincts
Some things you will work on:
- Develop innovative payor and business model strategies that enable Thirty Madison to expand access and build sustainable businesses across multiple therapeutic areas
- Leverage your network to source and lead business development processes with PBMs, payors, benefit consultants, health systems, etc
- Partner closely with General Managers to identify how benefits expansion can widen the reach and performance of Thirty Madison brands and then build and execute against a plan to meet those needs
- Lead negotiations and contracting in partnership with our General Counsel
- Collaborate with internal pharmacy and clinical leadership to ensure favorable and attractive reimbursement rates
- Build and lead our payor organization, encompassing functions ranging from strategy to sales to implementation
You should have:
- 15+ years of high-performance payor execution experience, working with or at a national payor, regional Blue, PBM, pharmaceutical or healthcare company
- Extensive experience with negotiating and contracting in the payor space
- Deep knowledge of payor economics and business models, and how innovations such as telemedicine, disease management, and remote monitoring will impact the future of reimbursement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to know how to tailor them to individual personalities
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and the desire to bring structure to undefined procedures
- Ability to champion, lead, and mentor a team
- Passion for the Thirty Madison mission of expanding access to healthcare
These are unprecedented times and we understand COVID-19 is impacting everyone differently. Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. We went from optional to mandatory work-from-home very quickly in early March, and we have told employees that they can work remotely through July 2021 to allow them to plan accordingly.
We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19. These initiatives have included providing funds for home office improvements, medical reimbursements, free meditation/mindfulness tools, mandatory “Me Days” away from work, company-wide Refresh days off, and fun opportunities to connect live with teammates each week (such as virtual escape rooms). We continue to examine different benefits, tools, and processes that best support our employees as we continue to work remotely and eventually begin transitioning back to the office.Benefits for full-time Thirty Madison employees:
- Competitive salary, equity, and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it’s a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.