VP, Sales Engineer at Unqork
Unqork is the no-code platform that's pioneering a new way for companies to build, deploy, and manage complex, enterprise-grade applications. At this moment, Fortune 100 companies are using Unqork to create and deliver software without writing a single line of code.
Gary Hoberman, former CIO of Metlife, founded Unqork in 2017 with a team of hand-picked industry professionals, and together we're creating a massive paradigm shift in the way software is built. If you want to have a hand in defining the future of application development, we want to hear from you.
As VP of Sales Engineering, you will be responsible for developing and managing a team of Sales Engineers, working closely across our sales channels (field, industry, partnership and demand generation), Business Product Development and Solutions Architecture to deliver innovative solutions to prospective clients. Serving as a client-facing technical voice, you’ll be responsible for providing invaluable insight and developing rapid prototypes to our potential customers. You will also be involved in continuously helping to standardize and improve our platform.
- Lead, motivate and continuously train and improve a team of Sales Engineers
- Work closely with our CRO, Head of FSI, Head of Public Enterprise, Director of Partnerships to set the Sales Engineering strategy
- Ensure that our technical capabilities are represented as differentiators in the selling process and illustrate the depth of the platform
- Partner with Business Product Development to maintain and standardize use cases and best practices to enable the Sales Engineering team to optimize their engagements
- Immerse yourself in Unqork ecosystem, maintaining a deep understanding of competitive and complementary technologies and vendors and how to position Unqork in relation to them
- Ability to present to C-level executives and the day-to-day architect about Unqork including brainstorming solutions and discussing industry trends
- If needed, serve as a technical architect and developer if needed for new uses cases and new integrations as we prospect clients
Who you are:
- You are resourceful, open-minded and enjoy problem solving
- You care about serving customers and delivering a great product
- You pay attention to the details
- You are constantly thinking about how we can continuously improve the platform and process
- You have good interpersonal skills, are diligent, and self-motivated
- You have an eagerness to learn and excel in a high-paced environment
- You are quick on your feet and not scared to fill in the gaps when necessary
What we're looking for:
- 12+ years of industry experience, minimum 5 years building and managing a successful pre-sales team
- Proven ability to work with clients: designing specifications, prototyping, presenting
- Experience architecting and building scalable web applications
- Experience creating integrations with CRMs, complex data sources, etc.
- Proficient working knowledge of REST APIs and other web services
- Relational or other database query experience
- MongoDB aggregation framework
- Modern front-end framework experience (i.e. React, Angular)