VP of Sales
About Managed by Q:
Managed by Q is the workplace management platform. We help the world’s leading companies build, design, staff, and manage their workplaces. By connecting office operations teams to dedicated workplace experts and top commercial service providers, Managed by Q enables companies to create inspiring offices and deliver a great workplace experience for their teams.
Managed by Q was founded in 2014 with a vision of changing how we interact with our workspaces. Today, our team helps thousands of companies nationwide operate their offices and create an environment that inspires their teams’ best work. Empowering others and building diverse and inclusive teams are core to Managed by Q’s mission. We are committed to creating good jobs, helping small businesses grow, and enabling companies to focus on what they do best. Managed by Q is headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Boston. Managed by Q is backed by the We Company, after successfully being acquired in 2019. If you have a love of learning, are drawn to hard problems, and want to spread opportunity within your community, we’d love to meet you.
About the role:
The VP of Sales strategically leads our sales teams with a vision and plan to execute our ambitious goals for client growth. You are responsible for building, coaching and managing high-performing teams, including Sales Development Midmarket & Enterprise sales teams. You will implement new trainings and processes that fosters excellence and habits for best in class teams. By collaborating with other leaders in the business, you will write the future playbook of acquiring clients for Managed by Q.
- You are an optimistic, servant leader who leads by example and motivates & inspires teams.
- You have experience leading a high performing sales teams, experience in enterprise and/or SaaS sales preferred
- You have experience leading marketing teams with a focus on maximizing coordination between marketing & sales efforts to yield the best results
- You have experience as a highly effective and successful sales person yourself - you love client interaction, If you were selling, you would be exceeding your goals
- You are process oriented and excel at using data to influence decision making and strategy
- You are highly intelligent, articulate, and persuasive
- You are an effective problem solver who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and submerge yourself in the details to truly understand the problem and drive through to solutions
Responsibilities // Core Competencies:
- Talent Acquisition: Finding, acquiring, assessing, and hiring proven, valuable talent to fill roles that are required to meet team goals.
- Develop strategic plans using data: Take a data-driven approach to analyzing market and territory potential, and use this information to optimize the size, structure, and profiles of their teams to ensure the sales strategy is successfully executed. Continuously refine & evolve the sales funnel to optimize rep activity to achieve team sales targets. Partner with Revenue Operations to ensure territory & lead assignment are optimized to achieve rep & team goals and partner with Executive team to recommend strategic initiatives to fuel future growth.
- Inspire & motivate: Continuously keep morale high and develop a culture of excellence & accountability.
- Team management: Strong people management skills in delivering feedback, communicating effectively, driving performance improvement and developing team members. Adapts management style to get the most out of every team member while keeping them in lockstep with company objectives and strategic priorities.
- Goal driven & vigilant: Motivated to achieve increasingly ambitious sales goals. Effectively manage team to daily activity goals understanding the connection between activities & outcomes.
- Sales expertise & process: Ability to sell where expertise and position adds critical value and drive continuous improvement of sales process. Maintains focus and deflects obstacles that could impede ability to achieve strategic objectives. Identify creative ways to drive growth to achieve sales goals and support higher quotas in the future.
- Conflict management & collaboration: Effectively and sensibly communicates problems as they arise and works towards creating a plan to come to an appropriate resolution. Create cross-functional engagements and understandings with all other departments including marketing, operations, account management & product
- Leadership: Ability to lead and guide a team with a vision in mind and continuously empower others to achieve goals
- Analytical skills: Carefully analyzes department performance, surfaces options, and makes recommendations for continuous improvement based on firm command of data and statistical analysis.
- Operational excellence: Consistently strives for operational excellence and identifies problems, usually before they impact business performance
- Marketing expertise (a plus, not required): Constantly seeking out opportunities to further develop expertise around our industry, market & customer. Grasp the tenets of conversion rate optimization for marketing campaigns. Strong working knowledge of SEO, SEM, content, event and social media marketing. Effectively utilizes marketing budget to achieve highest ROI from marketing campaigns. Ability to analyze marketing activities and results and understand the impact on driving sales
- VP Level: 8-10 years of B2B sales experience, including at least 3-5 years as a manager, preference given to SaaS sales experience
- Experience leading a high-performing sales teams and managing other people managers
- Track record of using metrics and data to optimize sales process and performance
- Experience with proven models for coaching and development of a sales team
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- Great energy, passion, enthusiasm, and intelligence
In addition to offering world-class health benefits, 401(k) matching, parental leave, and highly competitive compensation, Managed by Q also offers a work culture of psychological safety, transparency, and continuous learning. We have an Employee Resource Group, which leads the charge on wellness and inclusion initiatives, and host an annual all-company Hack Day (not just for tech folks). Every other week, all 165 employees get together over catered lunch to build bridges between teams, and monthly, one of MbQ's people leaders hosts a workshop for managers focused on effective leadership. As the newest member of the We Company, Managed by Q looks forward to expanding our perks even further.