Lead HR Business Partner
Healthcare should work for patients, but it doesn’t. In their time of need, they call down outdated insurance directories. Then wait on hold. Then wait weeks for the privilege of a visit. Then wait in a room solely designed for waiting. Then wait for a surprise bill. In any other consumer industry, the companies delivering such a poor customer experience would not survive. But in healthcare, patients lack market power. Which means they are expected to accept the unacceptable.
Zocdoc’s mission is to give power to the patient. To do that, we’ve built the leading healthcare marketplace that makes it easy to find and book in-person or virtual care in all 50 states, across +200 specialties and +12k insurance plans. By giving patients the ability to see and choose, we give them power. In doing so, we can make healthcare work like every other consumer sector, where businesses compete for customers, not the other way around. In time, this will drive quality up and prices down.
We’re 15 years old and the leader in our space, but we are still just getting started. If you like solving important, complex problems alongside deeply thoughtful, driven, and collaborative teammates, read on.
Your Impact on our Mission
Zocdoc’s most important asset is our people. As a Lead HR Business Partner, you will support employees and leaders at Zocdoc in all things people-related. You will be an integral part of the People Operations team, seamlessly delivering all aspects of the employee experience to various client groups which include Finance, Marketing, Communications, Legal and Business Operations across the business. Your deep understanding of people development and building engagement will empower leadership to attract and maintain top talent.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Resilient and ownership minded; you can navigate ambiguous situations in a fast paced environment with ease.
- Excited to innovate and be a builder, optimizing processes and implementing new initiatives.
- Curious and ask the right questions to determine the root cause of issues and find solutions.
- Comfortable with using data and analytics to identify problems and support decisions.
Your day to day is…
- Coach leaders on all people related matters including talent assessments, succession planning, organization effectiveness, and developing top performing teams.
- Interpret client groups’ strategy and objectives and build into a strategic HR roadmap with supporting action plans and HRBP lead initiatives.
- Create, measure and monitor HR metrics to analyze trends, extracting key insights in order to help make data driven decisions that support HR strategy and initiatives.
- Lead the design and execution of workforce restructures and identify critical succession planning needs
- Enhance employee & manager enablement by designing development tools and overseeing the performance review and talent calibration process.
- Proactively support leaders and employees to make people-centric decisions while maintaining consistency across the organization.
- Work side-by-side with managers and hands-on with the internal People Operations team to deliver excellence in People programs, including compensation, benefits, organizational development, performance management, and talent development programs.
- Coach managers on how to lead their teams, navigate and resolve complex employee relations issues, and manage programs that develop people.
- Champion and innovate on ways to enhance the employee experience, ensuring that we hire, develop, and retain amazing team members; partner with leaders on rewards and retention levers.
- Earn trust with leaders by understanding the business, and help leaders understand their People business, including metrics and drivers around hiring, performance management, talent development, engagement, and retention.
- Act as a change agent by playing an integral role in guiding change management with leaders and employees through strong communication and cross-team alignment.
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 8+ years of progressive experience in Human Resources, including 5+ years experience as a Human Resources Business Partner working directly with department executives and senior leaders in a technology driven organization.
- You’re an expert in HR policy and laws.
- You are resilient and resourceful. You can work in the gray and navigate a constantly changing environment with ease.
- You have extensive experience with compensation. Experience with options strongly preferred.
- You can work high and low, fluidly transitioning from being a part of strategy one moment to diving deep in details and working tactically the next.
- You are comfortable with making trend-based decisions on a case-by-case basis at times.
- You have a proven record of effectively coaching managers as they navigate complex people situations; you act as a feedback whisperer to influence.
- You are experienced and comfortable working with people at all levels across the organization, and you proactively work with partners to provide support when needed.
- You have a high bar for all things talent-related, and you’re willing to stay-the-course when challenges arise.
- Superb communication skills! You believe in keeping all of your stakeholders in the loop and know that multiple mediums of communication are the key to success.
- Humility. You believe in treating all people with dignity and respect, regardless of title or tenure.
- Flexible, hybrid work environment
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Employer funded 401(k) match
- Corporate wellness programs with Headspace and Peloton
- Sabbatical leave (for employees with 5+ years of service)
- Competitive parental leave
- Cell phone reimbursement
- In office perks including:
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks
- Commuter Benefits
- Convenient Soho location
Zocdoc is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. Salary ranges are determined through alignment with market data. Base salary offered is determined by a number of factors including the candidate’s experience, qualifications, and skills. Certain positions are also eligible for variable pay and/or equity; your recruiter will discuss the full compensation package details.
NYC Base Salary Range
Zocdoc is the country’s leading digital health marketplace that helps patients easily find and book the care they need. Each month, millions of patients use our free service to find nearby, in-network providers, compare choices based on verified patient reviews, and instantly book in-person or video visits online. Providers participate in Zocdoc’s Marketplace to reach new patients to grow their practice, fill their last-minute openings, and deliver a better healthcare experience. Founded in 2007 with a mission to give power to the patient, our work each day in pursuit of that mission is guided by our six core values. Zocdoc is a private company backed by some of the world’s leading investors, and we believe we’re still only scratching the surface of what we plan to accomplish.
Zocdoc is a mission-driven organization dedicated to building teams as diverse as the patients and providers we aim to serve. In the spirit of one of our core values - Together, Not Alone, we are a company that prides itself on being highly collaborative, and we believe that diverse perspectives, experiences and contributors make our community and our platform better. We’re an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Applicants are considered for employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or any other class protected by applicable laws.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice