Senior Technical Recruiter
Check is leading a revolution in the payroll industry. Payroll is the backbone of the US economy, and yet it has not undergone significant innovation in decades. We invented the embedded payroll space to change that (see: Check: Solving the $150 Billion Payroll Problem, Bank On It; Episode 438), both for the business owners who spend countless hours per week running payroll and for the millions of Americans who depend on their next paycheck. At Check, our mission is to empower the most innovative software platforms to create new payroll businesses, and enable those businesses to transform the way companies pay their employees.
Check’s culture is intensely caring: to each other as teammates, to our partners, and to the businesses and workers we serve. Our teams are made up of creative problem solvers and empathetic cross-functional collaborators who can simplify the complexities of payroll. We bring hustle and grit to our day-to-day, while building enduring solutions and relationships.
As a Senior Technical Recruiter, you'll have the exciting opportunity to collaborate closely with our technical leadership and flex across the organization as needed to identify and secure top-tier talent. Beyond this, you'll also have the chance to take ownership of unique projects and initiatives. Your responsibilities encompass full ownership and meticulous management of the entire recruitment cycle, all while continuously enhancing our candidate experience and refining our processes. This role reports to the Director of Talent.
In this role, you will:
- Kick-off roles, source, coordinate, recruit, and close new team members
- Build high-trust relationships with hiring managers and interviewers and communicate weekly progress updates and feedback to the senior leadership team
- Enhance our candidate experience by thinking creatively and holistically about how Check is presented
- Develop an understanding of the strategy and skill sets needed for the teams to help create job descriptions and role kick-off plans
- Leverage the ATS (we use Greenhouse) to track candidate progress and maintain clean data for reporting
Many backgrounds could fit this role, but ideal candidates will:
- Have 4+ years of relevant in-house recruiting experience, preferably in a fast-growing tech startup
- Have 2+ years of experience recruiting for engineering teams
- Be highly organized and detail-oriented with an interest in digging into recruitment data to analyze trends
- Care deeply about creating a high-touch experience with candidates, interviewers, and hiring managers to ensure a positive experience
- Be passionate about DEI&B and constantly evolving your sourcing techniques to identify a broad and wide candidate pool
- Willingness and ability to attend our annual 3-day company offsite in the fall
Travel and Office Policy
The Check team is distributed across the US and Canada and we have offices in New York City and San Francisco. While we welcome remote work, we believe time together in person is valuable and essential. We offer ample opportunities and encourage employees to attend team offsites, events, and hackathons a couple of times a year! We expect all employees to be willing to attend our annual 3-day company offsite in the fall.
For our in-office and hybrid employees, our offices are open all week. We provide meals on Tuesdays and Thursdays and the team hosts regular happy hours, game nights, etc.
What we offer:
In the US, Check offers company-sponsored medical, dental, vision, short-term/long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage to all full-time employees, effective on their first day of work. We also provide stock options, flexible PTO and sick leave, 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave for all new parents flexible return-to-work, 9 annual holidays, a 401k retirement plan, and a $100 monthly stipend for home internet and mobile phone expenses. Benefits may vary outside the US.
The expected annual salary for this role is between $129,000 and $142,000, dependent upon each candidate’s unique experience and qualifications. Additionally, this role is expected to be eligible for performance-based compensation of $22,900 to $24,500 in performance bonuses.
Check is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Check is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected] with “accommodations” in the subject line.
Check participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with Form I-9 information from all new employees to confirm that they are authorized to work in the U.S. Check does not use E-Verify to pre-screen applicants.