Staff Product Manager, Growth
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery... the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are...
When we say, "the stuff dreams are made of," we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next...
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role...
CNN is looking for a Staff Product Manager to join our newly formed CNN Digital Revenue and Growth Team. As Staff Product Manager you will focus on creating features and capabilities to grow our registered user audience and will play an integral role in the growth of CNN's digital revenue. You will work closely with your partners in engineering, design, analytics and advertising to determine and execute the near-term prioritization and the long-term vision for the registered user journey. The growth of CNN's digital business is a core element of Warner Brothers Discovery's long-term strategy, and you will be part of a team that is driving CNN's digital growth.
The ideal candidate has experience developing products, features and experiences that drive user growth and engagement. You tackle complex issues with ingenuity, passion and persistence. You work with a sense of urgency and a commitment to challenge the status quo to drive impact. If you have a customer centric mindset, thrive in a collaborative environment, are data driven, like to solve problems and have a bias towards action and getting things done - then this is a great role for you.
Your Role Accountabilities...
- Vision and Strategy: Work closely with our editorial, product, design, analytics and engineering teams to define a product vision and strategy for CNN's registered user experience, including registered user acquisition, engagement and monetization.
- Roadmap. Own and execute the registered user product roadmap. Partner with stakeholders to identify growth opportunities based on user needs and company goals, and translate opportunities into clear, prioritized, actionable product requirements.
- Execution: Create user stories, manage a backlog and work closely with our engineering team to ensure they understand product requirements and that the team is continuously launching new features and functionality that address user needs and grow revenue.
- Team Leadership. Build, manage and empower a high performing and innovative product team
- Product Discovery and Experimentation. Lead product discovery and experimentation for your product. Guide the A/B and multivariate testing roadmap and align cross functional teams on experimentation goals.
- Data-Driven Decision Making. Use qualitative and quantitative data to develop a deep understanding of how users engage, what matters to them and their pain points, and use these insights to inform your product strategy.
- Metrics: Partner with data and analytics team to define, report on and manage KPIs for registered user growth, engagement and monetization.
Qualifications & Experience...
- 6+ years' experience in product management at consumer-focused companies, with a strong track record of launching features that drive user engagement
- Deep expertise with product management best practices including techniques for identifying customer needs, hypothesis-driven roadmaps, prototyping, AB testing and user-centered design.
- Experience growing and managing a team of product managers, setting clear expectations, and coaching them to grow and succeed
- Experience with the full product lifecycle, from initial concept and product discovery to launch and product optimization.
- Proven ability to motivate, lead and collaborate with product design, engineering, advertisting and other cross-functional teams
- Experience using data, user research and insights - from engagement metrics, customer satisfaction scores, web/mobile analytics, user research and churn prediction models to inform product strategies
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's degree
How We Get Things Done...
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits...
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. Actual salaries will vary based on several factors, including but not limited to external market data, internal equity, location, skill set, experience, and/or performance. Base pay is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery's total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $147,000.00 - $273,000.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and sick time and vacation.
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate and you require adjustments or accommodations to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please contact us at [email protected].