Web Engineering Manager
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a team of UI and Full Stack engineers. If you’re an engineer who loves to mentor and manage other engineers, has a strong background and experience in web engineering (Our stack: React/Redux/ES6/Sass/Node.js), and has ideas on how to innovate and improve the way people Meetup, this is the job for you!
As an Engineering Manager at Meetup, you will be part of the engineering leadership team.
You should have:
- At least 5 years of experience as a web or other type of software engineer
- At least 3 years of experience mentoring and/or managing engineers in technical and non-technical areas
- Top-notch communication skills with other engineers, product managers, and designers
- Experience managing engineers of varying skill levels and expertise on large, fast-paced, projects
- A deep understanding of how engineering and product teams work well together
- A strong desire to focus on managing people as well as developing and managing career growth plans with engineers
- An internal drive to help remove roadblocks and solve problems with teams and individuals
- Experience allocating and optimizing engineering resources for product teams
- A passionate interest in being the face of Meetup culture for this team
- Experience leading recruitment efforts by finding new recruitment opportunities and motivating engineers to participate in the tech community
Check out our engineering blog: https://medium.com/making-meetup
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?