Hello, we're Stocktwits
Stocktwits is the largest social network for investors and traders, with over two million registered community members and millions of monthly visitors. Stocktwits was founded in 2008, with a mission to connect regular investors and traders with each other so they can profit, learn, and have fun.
Why Work with Us?
We invest in our employees to ensure they are all always learning and growing. We believe that by having a strong culture, our employees will feel supported to achieve their full potential. We are a fun group of people, building a fun product, we love what we are doing and would love to have you on the team.
An Insider's view of Stocktwits
How would you describe the company’s work-life balance?
Stocktwits has a lot of appreciation for our lives outside of work. Our employees have a lot of interests, both professional and personal, and we want them to be able to experience all of them. We hold people accountable to getting their work done but we have a culture where as long as this is happening we trust everyone to do it on their own terms
Director of Data Science
What projects are you most excited about?
It is fun to be a designer on our brokerage product, Trade App. We're equipping investors with never before seen functionality. User testing will help us validate our hypotheses and iterate the design to be a frictionless and enjoyable experience. We believe design is better together by practicing an inclusive branded product design process.
Design Lead, Brokerage Product
How has your career grown since starting at the company?
Originally I joined as Community Manager which allowed me to start from the ground with our users and product. With the help of my manager, I was able to leverage this knowledge into a product role. I was supported and encouraged by management, which also provided me with the necessary training and tools to be able to succeed in this transition.
How do you empower your team to be more creative?
One of our core values is for the team to realize they are here because their opinions are valued and their thoughts and ideas, respected. This common belief enables an idea meritocracy which creates the unique style, voice and products that are the ST brand. It also makes ST a direct reflection of its people, who are both talented and interesting.
What are some social events your company does?
Stocktwits hosts a great Christmas party, last year we had a hypnotist who brought down the house! We have in office trivia tournaments, outings to the golfing range and monthly happy hours. It's great to get the team together, out of the office.
Operations and Events Manager
Where we are
The Stocktwits office is located right next to Bryant Park. A great area to grab lunch, Bryant Park has fun activities and food all year round.
Perks + Benefits
Health Insurance & Wellness
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Retirement & Stock Options
Child Care & Parental Leave
Generous Parental Leave
Flexible Work Schedule
Vacation & Time Off
Unlimited Vacation Policy
- Things move must faster and change more often at Stocktwits than they do at large corporations and that makes working here exciting and educational. Management is honest, trustworthy and supportive.JoeDirector of Advertising Sales
- Stocktwits is a place that has offered me a lot of opportunity, growth and support. It is a collection of people looking to help others succeed individually and as a team.DallasDigital Marketing Manager
- Stocktwits was my first company to work for out of college and the experience has been daunting and spectacular. From day one Stocktwits has made my potential feel infinite and I couldn’t ask for anything more.TommyCommunity Manager
- Stocktwits has given me an entirely different understanding of an "office space". The open setting is a constant reminder that we are one team working towards the success of this company, it's been a pleasure to work in this environment.PatriceAdministrative Assistant
- Stocktwits has a talented and capable team working seamlessly towards a clear goal. Management is transparent in terms of business direction and expectations. There is flexibility as long as you get the work done. Really happy to be part of the team.YaoSenior Data Scientist
- Working at Stocktwits has been amazing for my professional development. I’ve been thrown off the deep-end and have had to quickly learn through the demanding task of getting our Trade App launch off the ground. I am proud of the work we’ve done.DanSenior iOS Engineer
Technology we use
- Ruby on RailsFrameworks
- Google AnalyticsAnalytics