Hello, we're Teampay
Teampay is the first purchasing software built for fast-growing, technology-enabled businesses. The way companies spend money has changed, rendering most expense management tools obsolete. Our products empower businesses to request, approve and track spending in real-time.
Why Work with Us?
We’re an agile team that allows independent decision-making 💡 in a collaborative 🤝 environment. We host professional development and social events to encourage employee camaraderie and growth. We are an enthusiastic bunch, always willing to pitch in 💪 and help each other to get the job done.
An Insider's view of Teampay
What are some social events your company does?
We host regular outings from cooking and archery classes to vision-casting offsites. The team eats lunch together around a table daily, and you’ll often find us making a coffee run or walking through the park in the afternoon. We celebrate birthdays with sweets 🍪 from around the city—there’s always something new to try in NYC!
Chief of Staff
How do you collaborate with other teams in the company?
I work cross-functionally every day: tag teaming with Sales to ensure smooth onboarding; huddling with Engineering on tech; collaborating with Product to synthesize feedback into new features; and being an all-around customer champion. Tools like Slack are critical, but there’s nothing like being in the same room with the smartest people you know.
Customer Success Manager
How does the company support your career growth?
Teampay is a real-world MBA, on steroids. I’ve been exposed to all aspects of an emerging business: negotiation, management, modern finance, and more. Learning here means honing skills by doing—not passively watching from the sidelines. Teampay’s prioritization of its employees’ personal growth has forever altered the trajectory of my career.
Senior Account Executive
How do your team's ideas influence the company's direction?
We believe diverse voices create better outcomes. Some of our best ideas have come from employees working cross-functionally, and we’ve refined the company’s vision based on team members’ questions. I actively seek out feedback in our weekly all-hands, have regular 1:1s with every team member, and run an AMA as part of our new-hire onboarding.
Founder & CEO
What kinds of technical challenges do you and your team face?
We must develop performant, stable integrations with payments networks, accounting software, and other third party software, with intelligent data processing, error handling, and more. The data we collect helps inform our users and our product roadmap decisions. As a PCI-regulated company, security is at the forefront of everything we do.
VP of Engineering
Where we are
We’re located in NYC’s Flatiron district, surrounded by great restaurants (including the OG Shake Shack), parks, and subway stops!
Perks + Benefits
Eat lunch together
Team owned deliverables
Team based strategic planning
Group brainstorming sessions
Health Insurance & Wellness
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Health Insurance Benefits
Retirement & Stock Options
Vacation & Time Off
Job Training & Conferences
Promote from within
- Teampay is a great place to work. It’s fun, supportive, and challenging. I love the genuineness of the culture. It’s not curated simply for the sake of being a “fun startup environment.”AlexaContent Marketing Manager
- The culture and drive you feel when you walk into the office is why I joined Teampay. Every day I see intelligent and hard working individuals, who are all on the same rocket ship 🚀 work together to help each other and this company succeed.ErasmoAccount Development Representative
- I love summer fry-days 🍟. We all go to Shake Shack in Madison Square Park and eat outside together. It’s amazing how much the team has grown since I started here 3 years ago. There are so many more people giving me belly rubs!D'artChief Dog Officer
- I really value how we collaborate across departments and leave our egos at the door for the sake of our customers. Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds, but we all share the same goal. While we do work hard, we have a great time doing it.LyndsayProduct Designer
- Teampay employees genuinely care about each other, the company, and our customers. This differentiates us from just being a 'good' place to work but a 'great' place to work, beyond the typical startup perks like open office environment and cold brew.PeterVP of Finance
Jobs at Teampay9 open jobs
Data + Analytics
Design + UX
Dev + Engineer
Data + Analytics
Design + UX
Data + Analytics
Technology we use
- Google AnalyticsAnalytics
Articles we're in6 articles
Our funding history
$4M in FundingInvestors: CrossCut Ventures, Precursor Ventures, KEC Ventures, CoVenture, and more.
$12M in FundingInvestors: Jonathan Hsu of Tribe Capital. Existing investors Crosscut, Silicon Valley Bank, and Charles Hudson of Precursor Ventures also participated.