Business Development Manager
Roomi is the largest shared housing marketplace for rentals in the United States. We enable users to easily list vacant rooms within their apartments or otherwise find great housing across the country. Our goal is to provide the most efficient and safest way for young professionals to connect with prospective roommates and arrange for incredible housing arrangements.
Roomi is well-financed and venture-backed and is proudly headquartered in New York.
Roomi is seeking talented and ambitious team members for our Business Development & Partnerships team. Our team works closely with a wide array of partners including landlords and developers in New York City and elsewhere. We are looking for self-starting talent who are comfortable acquiring unique and exclusive housing supply for our marketplace, can build relationships with partners, and ensure a positive customer service experience from all perspectives. This opportunity is great for someone interested in Real Estate, Technology, and startups.
Some job tasks might include:
- Research and identify prospective housing/developer partners and landlords in Greater New York City
- Lead and or assist in negotiations with housing and landlords
- Assist in developing strategic partner strategy - i.e. which partners would add value to the core Roomi User experience (moving, insurance, furniture, etc.)
- People Person: Loves building meaningful relationships with people
- Strong Analytical Skills: Must be able to think through partner and user needs
- Self Starter: Can take direction, but also thrives with less structure
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Passionate about building something from the start
- 2-5 years of experience
If this sounds interesting, we’d like to hear from you!