Brand Copywriter at Rhino
Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives.
Our first product eliminates cash security deposits and puts more money back in renters’ pockets. With over $45 billion tied up in security deposits for 110 million renters in the United States alone, it’s time for security deposits to officially become a thing of the past. Tying up money at one of life’s biggest and most expensive moments just isn’t fair.
So we threw out the antiquated “way of doing things” and built a technology-driven insurance product to help bring renting into the 21st century. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. We’ve already saved hundreds of millions of dollars for renters and are trusted in over 1 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started...
You will be responsible for establishing and maintaining Rhino’s voice and maintaining editorial and style guidelines that continually improve that voice as the brand grows. This includes creating editorial blog content, CRM campaigns, SEO-optimized landing pages, press releases, video scripts, event-based content, and other campaign assets.In this role you will:
- Work closely with the Product Marketing, Design, Sales, and Success team to bring coherence and consistency to messaging across the company.
- Craft messaging that embodies Rhino’s brand and drives adoption
- Collaborate with the CRM Manager to develop, write, and test copy for brand marketing campaigns.
- Follow SEO guidance to ensure our pages are optimized
- Clearly articulate the rationale behind the work, from high-level strategy to language choices
- Participate in critiques, work sessions, and user interviews to strengthen Rhino’s approach to brand voice and user needs.
- Need the willingness to step up and lead projects with dogged persistence to deliver on OKR initiatives.
- 1-3 years of experience with creative teams for brands in-house or at an agency
- Excellent communication and copywriting skills
- A candidate with a portfolio with samples of messaging that showcases an ability to translate ideas into jargon-free, thoughtful, and concise copy
- The ability to lead thinking, explain reasoning, and present findings and recommendations in a clear and articulate manner— in writing and in person
- Familiarity with design considerations and partnership, with a high level of comfort giving/receiving constructive feedback about work in progress
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Remote Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Generous Parental Leave to create a family-friendly culture
- Wellness Perks (Gym, Classpass, & Citibike Memberships)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- Fintech Equality Coalition Founding member