Freelance Content Writer at Gemini
The Department: Communications
We believe that the world should know and love Gemini. In Communications, we spend our days crafting the Gemini story and telling it to the people who need to hear it. This team sits between our product and the market, and is a key growth driver for every aspect of the organization. We have a holistic philosophy that combines data, brand marketing, acquisition tactics, PR, and all aspects of consumer & customer-facing communications.
The Role: Freelance Content Writer
Gemini is looking for a remote writer to join our growing team. As a Freelance Content Writer, you will help create content that educates readers about the cryptocurrency ecosystem for our educational portal. This is a remote position, but applicants must be able to commit at least 20 hours per week (with a maximum weekly commitment of 35 hours).The rate is commensurate with experience.
The successful candidate must provide clips that demonstrate their expertise with relevant subject matter. Please attach four clips for us to review that demonstrate your subject matter expertise and writing skills; links and pdfs are both acceptable.
- Develop thorough outlines to comprehensively cover any assigned topic.
- Write compelling content to reach and engage external audiences across all levels of financial and technical sophistication. Content will appear on the Gemini platform (e.g. Gemini Learn, Gemini Blog, Gemini.com,).
- Write articles on crypto and finance-related topics for consumption by customers and the general public.
- Optimize all content for maximum SEO value: structuring, keywords, meta tags, etc.
- Proofread materials for colleagues and provide quality control.
- Manage deadlines for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s degree (with a focus in Communications, English, Journalism) or equivalent.
- Minimum 2-8+ years experience as a writer or editor, preferably in cryptocurrency and blockchain, technology, security or financial services industry or as a journalist covering financial services, with experience writing blogs
- Knowledge of one or more of the following is strongly preferred: technical analysis, cryptocurrency trading, cryptocurrency tokens, cryptocurrency regulation, digital asset security, crypto industry news (e.g. DeFi, NFTs).
- Proven excellence in writing and style
- Willingness to stick with a story from start to finish
- Relentless attention to detail
- Ability to deliver excellent, high quality work under time constraints and deadlines
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
- Strongly proficient with Google Docs and Microsoft Office
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Building the Future of Money is a global mission that promises to transform lives across borders, societies, and cultures. At Gemini, we know that our success is impossible without diverse teams who represent our end users, so we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know!