Vimeo is looking for a Senior UX Writer to design and deliver content for product flows, UI language, navigation, and other content across the product experience. Reporting into the VP of UX + Design, you’ll craft clear and compelling messaging and work alongside other UX Writers to develop and implement voice, tone, and style guidelines.
This role will partner closely with Vimeo Product Designers, Product Managers, and Product Marketers to identify and recommend strategic improvements to mobile and web copy. An ideal candidate strives for clarity and impactful, understandable, and concise UX language. You should demonstrate strong design thinking skills, a passion for design, and be as interested in holistic content strategy as you are writing, testing, and iterating on micro-copy.What you’ll do:
- Plan, write, edit, test and improve content including interface language, product education materials, product names, navigational nomenclature and other content
- Play a key role in the product discovery and development process by working hand-in-hand with design, product, research, and BI to craft product copy
- Work as part of a focused UX team to positively impact the key business metrics that help Vimeo to grow
- Work across various product teams to build and support a unified voice across our customer experience
- Be autonomous. Take full ownership of your work, and take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way
- Work with other product and brand copywriters across Vimeo to ensure a consistent voice
- Foster a culture of inclusivity and accessibility in our product and policies
- 4+ years of experience as a UX writer for digital products
- Ability to confidently present your work, content direction, and supporting rationale to colleagues and stakeholders
- A positive attitude and capacity to clearly and concisely give feedback, as well as the growth mindset needed to receive feedback
- Experience translating content strategy concepts into broadly digestible formats (e.g., presentations, documentation, user flows, etc.)
- Proven ability to identify opportunities for user testing and work alongside UX Research to validate content solutions
- Experience supporting the full product development process, from vision to launch to iterating and optimizing post-launch
- Portfolio of digital product work demonstrating relevant writing experience, writing process, and how your work was informed by data or research
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 230 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs