Technical Writer at Rhino
Please note: All roles at Rhino are remote, and there will be no future in-office mandate.
Our mission is to give renters everywhere greater financial freedom to plan and enjoy their lives.
Our first product eliminates cash security deposits and puts more money back in renters’ pockets. With over $45 billion tied up in security deposits for 110 million renters in the United States alone, it’s time for security deposits to officially become a thing of the past. Tying up money at one of life’s biggest and most expensive moments just isn’t fair.
So we threw out the antiquated “way of doing things” and built a technology-driven insurance product to help bring renting into the 21st century. With Rhino, millions of renters across the country now have the opportunity to save with our award-winning deposit insurance. We’ve already saved hundreds of millions of dollars for renters and are trusted in over 1 million homes nationwide, and most importantly, we’re just getting started...
Our Experience Team is looking for the next Technical Writer for our Support, Claims and Recovery team processes. With the use of various platforms and tools, you will be working with internal cross-functional stakeholders to improve clarity in existing documented procedures and develop new ones.In this role you will:
- Produce clear, accurate, and well-organized documentation of the Experience Team level processes and procedures including but not limited to step by step instructions to process Claims, ZenDesk macros for customer facing communication. tutorials, and quick user guides.
- Enhance and adhere to the department's template format and other documentation standards, with attention to grammar, clarity, tone, and consistency.
- Perform quarterly reviews of all documented content, developing a system of continuous updating of all material.
- Collaborate effectively with teams across the company, to interpret company policies into actionable procedures.
- Gain an understanding of the systems/apps/procedures being documented to ensure the accuracy of the documentation.
- Partner with Experience leadership on all updates and procedure needs for the org.
- Act as an SME and consultant on any projects related to procedural needs.
- 2+ years of writing technical documentation for insurance claims or other relevant experience.
- Once (1)+ years of experience with Confluence or similar platform, including extensive use of macros and templates.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including spelling and grammar.
- Demonstrated proficiency in technical writing.
- Ability to work cross functionally with external teams.
- Proficient computer skills, including Google Docs and image editing software such as SnagIt.
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Remote Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Generous Parental Leave to create a family-friendly culture
- Wellness Perks (Gym, Classpass, & Citibike Memberships)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- Fintech Equality Coalition Founding member
Rhino is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rhino are without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rhino has a zero-tolerance policy against discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.