Video Editor + Motion Graphics Artist at Noom
Noom Inc., a leader in behavior change, combines the power of technology with the empathy of real human coaches to deliver successful health outcomes for our customers. Noom reaches millions of users worldwide and has been growing revenue 3x year-over-year. The marketing and team is at the forefront of this mission, tackling one of the hardest challenges in healthcare today: getting people worldwide to take that initial (and biggest!) step towards living a healthier lifestyle… And this is where you come in!
Noom is looking for an experienced Video Editor and Motion Graphics Artist that loves to tell a good story, and who can push the envelope of how it’s told. You’ll work closely with creatives, producers and creative ops to collaborate on and support the development and execution of original video content across various platforms, with a focus on our paid social advertising. This role will be focused on video editing but also draw on experience in post production finishing and requires participating in project briefings, conceptualizing, planning for shoots, ingesting footage post shoot, finding and editing music tracks, sound design, and conform. Additionally, you will play a significant role in the evolution of our internal production capabilities as we build out our creative workflows and prepare for the opening of our digital studio.
The ideal candidate should be able to contribute creative ideas to the team and also collaborate with Art Directors/ Designers and Copywriters to bring their concepts to life through editing and motion graphics. This role will act as a vector point for several members of our creative team, so being highly organized is also a must as they will be a key point person for file structure, version maintenance and archival of video assets. You will play an important role in developing not only our ads across our paid digital channels, but also the very identity of the brand itself. How our videos are edited and how the type and other graphic design elements animate will be a crucial element in how people will recognize Noom as a brand.
What You’ll Do
- Create ads for Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and occasionally for broadcast TV.
- Provide animated content as needed for our owned channels.
- Provide editing and motion graphics for internal-facing content as needed.
- Participate in conceptual development of ads.
- Develop editing techniques and animation styles that define Noom’s visual voice.
- Suggest or select music. Editing music track for desired emotional effect.
- Partner with Creative Ops and producers to improve and refine our post-production workflows
- Help develop and maintain file structure and organization of creative assets.
What We’re Looking For
- 4+ years video editing and motion graphics experience at an agency or in-house (start up… even better!)
- Proven track record creating thumb-stopping direct response ads.
- Conceptual thinker, able to bring big, fresh ideas to the table.
- Proficiency in After Effects, Premiere and Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of compositing, sound design and color grading.
- Experience being on set for film shoots
- A love of film and curiosity for developing and innovating our ads.
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced, test and iterate environment.
- A master at prioritizing workload.
- Someone who understands deliverables across multi-platforms and aspect ratios, and how a consumer will experience the video in those various placements.
- A collaborative team player who can work with multiple teams and stakeholders.
What Makes This Job Amazing
- Day in and day out, you’ll be focused on a purpose driven mission of helping people lead healthier lives alongside a team of highly committed founders and co-workers
- Be one of the first hires on a growing team with high stakeholder visibility and runway to pioneer programs that positively impact the business
- Being part of Noom's rocketship (with revenue exploding 6x year-over-year, and team growing, there are great opportunities for advancement)
- Wonderful benefits (wellness budget, tech budget, free meals in the office, and more)
- Huge learning & professional growth opportunity (professional growth is a must at Noom, we reimburse all books, send you to lots of courses, etc.)
- Being part of a transparent, high-performance, yet still family driven culture