Analyst, Trade and Market Surveillance at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
The Department: Compliance
Compliance at Gemini is a team dedicated to managing the next generation of financial crime in a complex and evolving regulatory environment. We are a diverse group of technology, legal, and operational professionals who develop new approaches to solving classic problems using cutting edge tools and processes.
The Role: Analyst, Trade & Market Surveillance
Gemini’s Compliance team is looking for a Trade & Market Surveillance Analyst to monitor Gemini’s digital asset markets and investigate possible violations of exchange rules and applicable regulations. The role will be a hands-on member of the Trade & Market Surveillance team who is responsible for analyzing daily output from trade practice and market surveillance systems, investigating potential rule violations, and proposing thoughtful enhancements to the current processes and systems.
- Conducting the daily surveillance of trading activity on the Gemini exchange through the use of 3rd party and proprietary trade surveillance systems designed to identify malicious and manipulative trading behavior
- Resolving alerts appropriately and promptly, documenting results clearly, escalating pertinent matters to the appropriate personnel, and following through on the investigation of possible trade practice violations
- Protecting the integrity of Gemini’s markets by ensuring a healthy and fair market for participants
- Proposing thoughtful enhancements to the current processes and systems.
- Performing ad hoc trading reviews to support inquiries from Customer Support, Legal, and other Compliance teams
- Identifying potential enhancements to surveillance logic, reports, and workflow through data analysis
- Conducting monitoring and auditing of employee trading activity to confirm compliance with Gemini’s employee personal trading policy
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Familiarity with digital assets and the general market operations of spot and derivative markets
- 1+ years of trade/market surveillance experience at an exchange, broker/dealer, or other financial institution
- Hands-on experience in investigating price and order manipulation schemes, such as spoofing, layering, wash trading, and frontrunning
- Working knowledge of how to utilize a trade surveillance software (e.g., SMARTS, Actimize, Mantas, Validus)
- An understanding of rules and regulations regarding spot and derivatives market trading strategies
- Excellent communication skills: the ability to communicate complex scenarios and concepts clearly and effectively in person and through written communications to senior stakeholders
- Working knowledge of scripting and querying languages (e.g., Python, SQL) for data processing and aggregation
- Familiarity with visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, Spotfire) to create metrics and dashboards
- Knowledge of Exchange and Self-Regulatory Organization (SRO) compliance rules and regulations
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.