Business Operations & Intelligence Analyst at Resy
WHO WE ARE:
Resy is the American Express global dining platform. Our mission is to power the world’s best restaurants, using technology to imagine the future of hospitality. We serve 5,000 restaurants globally.
Our customers discover the amazing world of restaurants thanks to our content-rich website and innovative mobile app. Our diners are insiders, and we love having them at the table.
We’re hiring, too. Interested in joining our team of restaurant-obsessed explorers? Right this way.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Resy is seeking a Business Operations & Intelligence Analyst. This person will report into our CFO and work within the growing Business Operations & Intelligence team to drive company strategy and operations across business functions. This role is a mix of using data and analytics to identify key trends, issues and opportunities along with working to implement changes in business strategy and operations in order to address those trends and findings.
We are looking for someone who has the analytical chops to help develop operational strategy but who has the business acumen and project management skills to get things done. A core component of the role will be to use SQL and Python to create automated data workflows to perform ETL for new data sources. You will also work in Looker, our BI tool, to create various looks and dashboards to support teams across Resy (marketing, customer success, etc.) by providing data-driven insights.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Identify critical areas of opportunity in order to maintain and improve operations of a growing startup now operating under a larger global organization.
- Develop strategies and systems to automate core business functions. (Examples include linkages between our CRM and financial systems, billing and reporting around our transactions platform, our suite of Account Management tools and our reporting and optimization of marketing programs.)
- Lead and own the setup of cross-functional company reporting, dashboards, and analysis based on an in-depth understanding of business model, operations, product and company KPIs.
- Evaluate and understand information gathered from multiple sources, including from Salesforce and Zuora.
- Support various team initiatives on an ad-hoc basis by fielding requests for reports and dashboards, provide advice and insight along with the data.
- Lead management of our Business Intelligence tool (Looker), developing and implementing new metrics to support business initiatives
- Own deliverables end-to-end, including data integrity, analysis, validation, and documentations
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience working with non-technical users to understand business problems and map abstract problems to data that can be used to solve them
- 2+ years of experience in SQL
- 2+ years of experience in Python
- Experience generating customer-facing reports (specifically, using Looker)
Resy is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a diverse team of employees and creating an inclusive environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.