Compliance Analyst at Rhino
Rhino is charging into the real estate space to unlock over $190 billion in cash security deposits. We are building products, like our affordable insurance policy, to put money back in renters' pockets.
As a Compliance Analyst at Rhino, you’ll assume a crucial role on a hungry team that is ready and eager to transform the future of renting and insurance.
In this role you will:
Be responsible for assisting with all facets of the insurance operations organization, including managing surplus lines filings, tax and premium reporting requirements, and nationwide licensing. The individual will work closely with multiple teams, including legal & compliance and product & engineering teams, to support Rhino’s insurance products in a cross-functional way.
- Assist with all aspects of surplus lines filings, taxes and stamping fee payments across national footprint.
- Manage licensing of agents and adjusters and maintain a master licensing database.
- Assist with rate and form filings to state Departments of Insurance and work closely with third-party vendors on the same.
- Programmatically test forms and rating generation criteria on an ongoing basis to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Effectively implement and help develop and refine internal processes, structure and resources to achieve optimal results.
- Assist with ad hoc regulatory surveys and compliance projects as needed.
We’re ideally seeking:
- 2-4 years experience in a property & casualty operations role, including experience with surplus lines filings and insurance regulatory compliance.
- Fundamental understanding of insurance concepts, underwriting, and policy coverages.
- You are seeking personal and professional development in a dynamic and often changing environment, and enjoy working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- You are a strong independent thinker and contributor and you love collaborating across teams.
- You feel at home using Microsoft Office, G Suite, Slack and other modern workspace technology.
- Experience with the Surety line of business is a plus.
- Experience with admitted product filings is a plus.