Critical Operations Analyst at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Platform
Our Platform Organization’s purpose is to enable Gemini to scale effectively and empower our engineering teams to focus on building innovative financial products and experiences for individuals around the world.
The Role: Critical Operations Analyst
As a Critical Operations Analyst you’ll be responsible for ensuring the correct delivery of changes, implementation of our policies and procedures, and coordination of risk assessments and audits within the Technology department as a whole. Working alongside the senior release manager, this position will be a key personnel in coordinating releases, incident management, and auditory functions for the Gemini technology group which are in adherence to local, federal, and international regulations. An ideal candidate will have strong focuses in risk management, cross team collaboration, and incident remediation.
This is a hands-on position, working across the technology department, and cross-functionally across Gemini in partnership with Product, Risk, Audit, and Customer Support. You will be actively involved in the transition of releases, incident triage, and refining team processes. You will coordinate with teams from across the organization in multiple aspects including getting projects safely delivered quickly, becoming a beacon of clairvoyance for audits, and rallying team members when needed end-to-end. You possess a strong sense of ownership and a desire to improve on every iteration. The core values of Gemini are heavily ingrained into this role and will grow to be a shining exemplar of the primary principles prized by the organization.
- Track, review, and report on the implementation of technology processes (eg. Change, Release, Incident, Problem)
- Design and implement a knowledge management system
- Help technology teams design and optimize their processes, in line with Gemini’s policies
- Help technology teams manage and report on their operational responsibilities through metrics and dashboards
- Work with Audit and Risk departments to conduct audit and risk assessments of Technology
- Knowledge of typical technology support frameworks. Eg ITSM, ITIL
- Knowledge of reporting or BI tooling. Eg. Looker
- Knowledge of ITSM tooling, eg. Jira, or ServiceNow
- Experience writing technical documentation or designing knowledge bases
- Experience with version control toolings (e.g. git, github)
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Experience with internal and external technology audits
- Experience with release, incident and operational management
- Comprehension of devops best practices
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.