Data Scientist, RWDA at Tempus (Greater NYC Area, NY)
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
The Real World Data Analytics team at Tempus partners with external Pharma, biotech and academic institutions to provide best in class data, analysis and methodological guidance to Tempus’s real world data offering. We are seeking a highly motivated and capable Real World Data Scientist with extensive experience and interest in design and analysis of real world data studies in support of pre-market clinical trial design and post-market evidence generation.
- Participate in clinical projects with external Pharma, academic and other partners
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders in the design, analysis, and interpretation of clinical real world studies
- Provide clients with guidance on Tempus data model and perform data support, including but not limited to: answer clients’ questions, perform data quality control, select and profile cohorts,
- Stay current with the latest methodological advances in real world studies
- This position has the potential to publish manuscripts and participate in poster presentations in collaboration with pharmaceutical clients
- Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in . Computational Biology, Biostatistics/Statistical Genetics, Bioinformatics, Biomedical Informatics, Biometrics, Data Science for Health or similar with 0-1 years of experience
- Biological or medical knowledge e.g. Human Disease, Genetics/Genomics, Molecular Biology or Immunology
- Proficient in R or Python
- Experience with time to event analysis (TTE) and methodology
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Collaborative mindset, an eagerness to learn and a high integrity work ethic
- Sharp attention to detail and passion for delivering high quality and timely analytics deliverables
- Able to effectively present research results to study team and other collaborators, including results interpretation and drawing appropriate inferences based on study design/statistical methods as well as assessment of study limitations
Nice to have:
- Experience in the design and analysis of clinical studies or real-world data studies
- Familiarity with SQL
- Experience in cancer genetics, immunology, or molecular biology
- Experience in extracting meaningful insights from genomics data (RNA/DNA-seq)
- Experience with biomarker identification and characterization
- Client facing or consulting experience and comfort with presenting results to stakeholders
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.