Research Coordinator at Noom
Noom, Inc. is a mobile solutions company focused on preventative health. Our research-backed products help people achieve real, positive outcomes. We are the first mobile technology company to receive Recognition from The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Diabetes Prevention Recognition Program for the company’s ability to deliver a lifestyle intervention, engagement and behavior change program to prevent Type-2 diabetes. We were also awarded a grant from the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Headquartered in New York City, we also have offices in Tokyo, Seoul, and Berlin. Entice you? Read on..
Consumer appetite for mobile application based assistance in weight loss is accelerating. Driven by a mission to help people around the world enjoy healthier lives through better physical and mental wellbeing, Noom is ambitiously expanding its footprint into this market with great mobile products proven by successful user experiences.
Noom is looking for a self-motivated full-time Research Coordinator to join the Academic Research team. You will take the lead on implementing studies that support Noom’s ambitious research roadmap. Studies will include internal projects as well as those in collaboration with academic institutions. You will strengthen relationships with research partners and academic institutions through in-person touchpoints, study planning sessions, networking at conferences, and of course being a genuine, likable Noomer who nerds out on research.
- BA with or MA with demonstrated research experience, contributions to publications and/or scientific presentations
- At least two years of full-time experience in a research setting (e.g., Research Coordinator) with human subjects
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- You know when to ask for clarification and when to take initiative.
- You understand and embody Noom’s culture.
- You are comfortable and professional in communicating with external partners.
- You’ve got great interpersonal skills, are non-competitive, and enjoy working with a team.
- You love implementing data-driven insights that improve study design and execution.
What Makes This Job Amazing:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Springboard for career in research
- Helping millions of people lead healthier lives every day
- Working on breakthrough tech (we have unique technical approaches to everything from behavior change to marketing to recruiting)
- Being part of Noom's rocketship (with revenue exploding 20x in the last 2 years, and team growing, there are great opportunities for advancement)
- Wonderful benefits (wellness budget, free daily meals cooked by our in-house chefs)
- Huge learning & professional growth opportunity (professional growth is a must at Noom, we reimburse all books, send you to training courses, help facilitate mentorships, etc.)
- Being part of a transparent, high-performance, yet still close-knit culture
Please apply with resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please explain why you’re the best fit for this position, and why you’re interested in working for Noom.