Rhino is charging into the real estate space to unlock over $190 billion in cash security deposits. We are building products, like our affordable insurance policy, to put money back in renters' pockets.
As a Senior Data Engineer at Rhino, you’ll join a formidable, passionate Tech team, helping to build the foundation of a company that is positioned to revolutionize renting.
In this role you will:
- Build scalable data pipelines and build out new API integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity.
- Design and build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Evaluate and integrate open source and vendor tools for data lineage.
- Participate in code reviews, standups, and planning sessions, while listening to feedback and commenting on others’ approaches.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and StratOps teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
In terms of qualifications, we’re ideally seeking:
- 5+ years of experience.
- Experience with relational SQL databases, especially Postgres.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools such as Airflow or Luigi.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Someone with a successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Familiarity with Stitch, Tableau, or other relevant, cutting-edge technologies.
- An Engineer that is excited to quickly ship features in a collaborative, rigorous, and fast-paced environment.