Director of Product Design (Consumer) at Resy
WHO WE ARE:
Resy is a reservations platform, built and powered by restaurant lovers.
Launched in New York City in 2014, the company is co-founded by Ben Leventhal, co-founder of Eater.com; Michael Montero, co-founder and former CTO of CrowdTwist and current Techstars mentor; and Gary Vaynerchuk, noted social media expert, entrepreneur and investor. Other company leaders have deep experience in restaurants and hospitality, too.
Our mission is to power the world’s best restaurants, using technology to imagine the future of hospitality. With Resy, you’re an insider — and the amazing world of restaurants is just two taps away.
Rated as one of Built In NYC’s “100 Best Places to Work,” Resy is actively hiring in multiple cities. Come join our growing team!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Resy is seeking a Director of Product Design to oversee our Consumer products and team. The ideal candidate is a sophisticated leader and people manager, someone who has a history of building and leading teams. Our future Director is design focused and has experience working in an environment where they have worked on both app designs and internal programs.
You excel at building and fostering relationships with the people on your team, and you are as much as a collaborator as you are a leader. We are looking for an impactful leader in the consumer design community, a thought partner with a commitment to products that deliver fantastic user experience, and a rigorous operational executive with a bold and innovative aesthetic. You believe in taking well-calculated risks and you possess a deep understanding of the product development process. You also happen to be passionate about restaurants.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Lead and develop a team of world-class designers responsible for ensuring Resy has extremely beautifully designed products with cutting edge UX and UI design
- Collaborate closely with Product and Engineering leadership to drive Resy’s growth as the premier booking platform for the best restaurants
- Improve the team's understanding of user-centered design methods and best practices. Establish and drive the design culture with a strategy that is aligned with Resy’s goals
- Bring operational rigor and excellence to managing the function including resourcing decisions
- Increase the visibility and role of the product design team's function within the organization
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have 7+ years of experience designing and delivering products in cross-functional teams
- You have a successful track record of building and implementing sustainable and scalable product design frameworks
- You are a risk-taker with a bold vision and passion for great design
- You have a proven experience recruiting, hiring, managing, and developing a high performing team. Has a large network of strong design talent.
- You have a wide-ranging consumer design experience including apps
- You are technically adept and familiar with UI and UX trends on iOS, Android, and the web.
- You have experience directing brand, visual, and user experience/product design of projects, across both web and mobile platforms
- You have experience using analytics, user research and other approaches to help make decisions and iterate on the product
- You are a proponent of a rigorous User-Centered Design process with a deep appreciation for quality and consistency
- You have experience running product design teams that collaborate effectively with engineering managers and product leaders
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, LTD, Commuter Benefit, Life Insurance)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Professional Growth Opportunity Budget
- Equinox gym discount and Wellness budget
- Quarterly credit toward dining at your favorite Resy restaurant
- Beautiful dog-friendly Soho office with fully stocked kitchen and café
- Company-sponsored social events, including Friday family meal
- No shortage of good restaurant recommendations
Resy is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a diverse team of employees and creating an inclusive environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.