Graphic Designer at Yieldstreet
Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:02 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, December 11, 2019
YieldStreet is disrupting the trillion-dollar lending and investment industry. We recently raised $178m in financing from world-class venture capitalists to help us scale. Our investor demand is soaring, and our team is expected to double in size this year. Do you have what it takes to join a booming startup that is changing the investment industry?
YieldStreet is building the largest global digital wealth management platform to change the way wealth is created. With an investor-first approach, our investor community builds a diversified portfolio of investments outside of the stock market to generate passive income. YieldStreet is giving unprecedented access to asset classes such as Real Estate, Marine, Legal, Art & Commercial. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices in Brazil, Argentina, Malta and Greece.
We believe top notch technology and data can help us build the world’s most robust alternative investment platform and create financial independence for all. Join us!
About the role
YieldStreet is looking for a Communications/Graphic Designer who possesses an appreciation for a clean and impactful aesthetic with an aptitude and love for illustration, art direction, typography and motion. In this role you will report to the Design Director and will support a team of designers with skills that span visual, art direction and product design. You should be experienced in designing presentations and graphics with a love for infographics, being able to distill complexity while having the material be easily understandable, engaging and beautiful.
There’s no shortage of ideas under our roof, so your ability to help us meet our business goals in the face of infinite creative opportunity is what matters most. In order to be successful in this role you are a self motivated person with a “Get-it-done” attitude. We are growing and growing fast. If something is blocking progress, you will need to communicate up or laterally to find a solution. If this sounds like you, join us!
What you will do
- Immediate laser focus on presentation design and best presentation design practices - the story should be both water tight and consistent in messaging and visual design
- Be an integral source of design support for senior leadership across the organization in the form of pitch decks, print collateral, environmental needs, infographics, strategic presentations and more
- Translate complex ideas into easily digestible, engaging and progressively designed infographics that are clear, concise and well designed
- Regularly meet with Investments and Originations team as well as the Marketing lead to create and design the best solutions to actively grow our Originator framework
- Produce interactive PDFs, print-ready PDFs, and final inDesign files in the form of informational one sheets and support for the business at large
- Thinking through areas in which stories can be told through our website in a visual manner (i.e. infographics or use of other visual components)
- Act as a support for both email designs and digital ad designs to to a growing team of designers
- Bring our story to life with beautiful visuals that fully convey our brand and mission
- 3+ years professional experience as a graphic designer in agency or in-house
- Strong skill set in Adobe CC (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop), Microsoft Powerpoint, Apple Keynote and Google Slides (Experience with AfterEffects a plus)
- Add to About the Role
- Ensure branding is consistent and cohesive throughout all deliverables
- Be autonomous, yet collaborative. Take ownership of your work and responsibility for every detail each step of the way. We value design team collaboration and never do our work in a vacuum.
- Ability to effectively communicate and manage work with non-design partners
- B2C background is a plus
- Ability to animate visuals across digital formats a plus
- Digital portfolio of unique work, showcasing experience designing superior creative that met its business objectives must
What Makes You Successful
Own and Execute:
- Gets things done, with both a short and long-term view in mind
- Be able to thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment with exceptional organizational skills and the ability to re-prioritize on a consistent basis
- Exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high attention to detail
Decide with Data:
- Be pragmatic and outcome-oriented, leveraging data to make decisions
- Detect new or missed opportunities that will help YieldStreet grow and improve regularly
- Be able to package data so it can be easily digested, analyzed and reacted to
- Bring a focus of YieldStreet’s vision to your day to day tasks
- Bet on your strengths; allow these skills to be absorbed by leaders on your team to make an impact
- Be known for authenticity, honesty, and integrity
- Never take no for an answer, be able to dissect an issue and come up with creative solutions
- Ask questions. At YieldStreet we believe that progress stops when you stop asking questions
- Focus on team collaboration and communication
We offer an attractive market compensation and benefits package including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, stock option plan, health, dental & vision benefits, life insurance, 401(k) match, unlimited paid vacation, sabbatical and paid holidays and that's before you even step in the office!
This is an opportunity to work with a group of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages. Our team is comprised of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $1B, and we get social with each other during happy hours, exercise classes and team off sites in our work hard/play hard culture. We're located in a beautiful new office in Midtown, our building is close to most major subway lines.
*** Please, no solicitors or recruiters. We're saving our dollars to pay the right candidate!
Read Full Job Description