The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series B and are backed by early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
#mustlovedogsWhere You'll Come In
The Farmer’s Dog is looking for a Product Designer to join our growing Design team.
This role is focused on designing the user experience and information architecture for improving existing features, addressing customer pain points and introducing new features. You should be excited to think about designs end to end from user research, user flows, wireframes, and prototypes.
In this role, you’ll work cross-functionally with Brand and Creative, Engineering, and Growth and Product. The ideal candidate is exceptional and innovative in UX strategy and execution, highly customer-centric and empathetic and on a personal level, driven, organized, collaborative and open to feedback.How You'll Make An Impact
- Collaborate with product managers, brand, engineers, and others to drive projects forward
- Contribute to overall strategy and decision-making about product direction
- Create flows, wireframes, prototypes, and designs to deliver high-fidelity visuals and interactions
- Design product features with the ability to balance quality and time
- Work closely with engineers to ensure a high-quality implementation
- Assist in hiring, mentoring, and establishing a design culture within the company
- 3+ years of experience working in product design, UI/UX, or related field
- Proficient in design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Zeplin, InVision, etc.
- Significant experience leading design projects from problem definition to production and beyond
- Experience designing within an evolving design system
- A keen understanding of how modern technologies are used with design (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Ability to think through complex systems
- Passion for understanding users motivations and needs
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (complete with free-roaming friendly dogs)
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Strict daily belly rub quota