Product / UI Designer II at The Farmer's Dog
WHO WE ARE
The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series B and are backed by early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
WHAT’S THE ROLE?
- Craft mind-blowing experiences for end-users with business goals in mind.
- Use storytelling, facilitation, and insights about our customers to create empathy and guide the product team.
- Deliver simple and elegant solutions to the right problems based on data and user research.
- Commit to understanding and knowing our users both the emotional and functional needs.
- Work in collaboration with product management, engineering, data, brand, and marketing to create best in class experiences.
- Can show shipped design work that was designed by you, rather than a team of 15 designers
- Have experience designing within and evolving design systems.
- Love best practices as much as an opportunity to try something just crazy enough to work.
- Can work under pressure in a fast-paced environment with a tight schedule.
- Understand how modern technologies are used with design (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Believe you still have a lot to learn.
- Know how to measure outcomes and guide design work to ensure energy is aligned with strategy.
- 3-7 years of professional UI design experience
- Bachelor or Master's degree in design, HCI, or related major.
- Excellency in canine relations
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (complete with free-roaming friendly dogs)
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Flexible PTO and WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Fresh breakfast, snacks and coffee for the humans
- Strict daily belly rub quota