Sr. Product Designer, Workflow at Vimeo (Greater NYC Area, NY or Remote)
Vimeo is looking to hire a Senior Product Designer to join our Workflow team. This role will help shape the design direction and user experience for one the highest profile pages within the Vimeo product ecosystem - the video page. It will be your job to understand how teams, organizations, and individuals utilize video content for their business and then seamlessly integrate a robust suite of tools that allow editing, customization, or layering interactivity directly to the video.
We need a pragmatic, detailed-minded designer with a strong visual point of view. Someone who loves iterating quickly and generating many different ideas to explore. You should thrive on close collaboration with a cross-functional team and be prepared to lead the way in reimagining how new experiences become reality. You will ensure all our creators - from individuals and freelancers, to small teams and Enterprise businesses - can harness the power of video at scale.What you'll do:
- Drive design and vision for our best-in-class video products to transform the way our users – video professionals to educators, SMBs, and Enterprises – enhance video through interactive tools and advanced content permissioning
- Work with your Product, Engineering and Marketing partners to launch and iterate premium product features and experiences across web and mobile platforms.
- Execute simple and elegant design solutions that enable Creators to collaborate efficiently with their external partners, as well as within internal teams.
- Design from the concept phase all the way to product release and beyond by crafting high level user flows, wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, and prototypes.
- Work with our Consumer Insights and Data team to directly engage with users and translate quantitative data and qualitative insights into informed design decisions and new product concepts.
- 4+ years of experience as a product designer, user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar role with accompanying experience in visual/graphic design.
- Strong familiarity with industry standard UX practices and methods. Seeks and provides feedback with a positive sense of curiosity!
- Ability to drive design concepts from business strategy discussions through to day-to-day hands-on design execution.
- Excellent user-centered design skills - you have a deep understanding of design fundamentals with a strong proficiency in Figma/Sketch and modern prototyping tools.
- Excellent communication skills - can clearly articulate your design vision and rationale through verbal and written explanation to any audience ranging from fellow designers to the leadership team.
- Ability to be autonomous - takes initiative and ownership of projects while collaborating with cross-functional partners and other designers.
- Recent portfolio or samples of web / native app product design work informed by quantitative or qualitative user research as well as the process that led to their launch.
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the world’s leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, and organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate and communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 230 million users — from creatives to entrepreneurs to the world’s largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse and global community. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity and inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, and strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs