UX Research Manager at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Customer Insights
As a company, we are building a culture of customer obsession and Customer Insights the cornerstone. User experience is foundational to how we create intuitive and innovative products and experiences that delight our customers. We used mixed methods research to understand our customers’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy, design, and improvements. We evangelize the customer experience and make insights usable across the company.
The Role: UX Research Manager - Mixed Methods
UX Research Managers are fierce advocates for the people who use our products and the members of their teams. In this position, you’ll build a team of researchers to leverage the best approaches from UX research, analytics, and other customer feedback mechanisms to provide a systematic approach to evaluating the Gemini customer experience. You’re an expert at using research methods such as field studies, interviews, and surveys to shape product development and influence overall strategy. As a qualified candidate, you have experience delivering high-quality research with measurable business value and articulating the integral role of research to the business. You’ll collaborate with leaders of Design, Engineering, Product Management, and Customer Service teams to create innovative experiences across all of Gemini’s products, leveraging your passion for brand, craft, and design quality.
This role reports to Gemini’s Customer Insights Director.
- Propose and build mechanisms for evaluating and measuring the Gemini customer experience
- Communicate customer experience findings and suggested actions to address problem areas with stakeholders at all levels of the company
- Grow, coach, and empower a team of UX researchers
- Collaborate and partner with Design, Engineering, Product, and Customer Service execution teams to understand objectives, identify research questions, and translate those to in-person and remote usability studies, user interviews, and surveys. Ensure that research is built into Product feedback loops.
- Lead and represent the UX Research team through strong cross-functional relationships and advocate for the user through empirical research
- Scope, design and execute studies that uncover user behavior and attitudes, using the right methodology and measurement techniques
- Work closely with the Customer Insights Director to communicate and evangelize the value of user research to the business and product
- Masters or PhD in Human-Computer Interaction, Behavioral Economics, Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 8-10+ years of relevant work experience within User Experience, HCI, applied research setting, and/or product research and development
- 2+ years managing UX research teams
- Experience with consumer products and or fintech products
- Experience directly conducting primary research (either qualitative or quantitative) end-to-end (i.e., designing, fielding, analyzing and reporting out data)
- Deep knowledge and applied experience with research, the relative merits of different methods and when to apply them
- Experience building and setting research strategy that connects with business strategy
- Ability to think through big complex problems and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.