Backend Software Engineer
What success looks like
- Join the Product Engineering team as a seasoned engineer to build and improve our software across the entire stack.
- Help the team define and maintain engineering process that let us develop quickly while keeping a high threshold for quality — including writing tests and technical documentation.
- Routinely ship high quality software that helps simplify healthcare for our patients and clinicians.
- Engage in the entire life cycle of product engineering, including (but not limited to) sprint planning, retrospectives, on-call rotation, and deploying software.
- Build an understanding of our business, and our unique approach to health care so that your technical decisions impact the course of the company.
- Help establish Eden Health as a professional, high quality engineering organization through contributions to open source, blogs, conference talks, etc.
What you will bring
- You are capable of spanning our entire development stack (React, and React Native on the frontend with Python and Clojure on the back-end), but place an emphasis on the back-end.
- You set a high bar for technical excellence, and you want to help your peers achieve it.
- You are able to anticipate technical and operational risks, and can help mitigate them.
- You have depth with more than one back-end language or framework, and you have experience shipping into production.
- You have production experience with one or more front-end language or framework.
- You have several approaches to debugging, maintaining, and improving systems.
- You seek simple answers to complicated questions.
Why Eden Health?
- Fast-growing startup backed by leading venture capital firms Greycroft, 645 Ventures, PJC and others
- Exciting product in one of the largest and fastest growing markets in the country
- Mission-driven culture passionate about improving access to healthcare for employees and their families
- Competitive salary and equity compensation package
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision insurance, and commuter benefits
- Generous PTO, healthy snacks, and regular happy hours
- Awesome team with a great camaraderie - we work hard and have lots of fun!
About our Tech
- React 16.12, + Typescript 3.7
- React Native 0.61.3 + Typescript 3.7
- Python 3.7
- Clojure 1.10