Cockroach Labs is the team behind CockroachDB, an open source, distributed SQL database, and CockroachCloud, our hosted CockroachDB service. We aim to build infrastructure that keeps pace with the world, so developers can focus on what matters most: building the best products. Join us on our mission to Make Data Easy.About the Role
Cockroach Labs is looking for a passionate individual to help with our information security efforts. This is a hands-on and multi-functional role where you’ll be working with different teams across the company on a variety of projects related to security.
This role is focused on company-facing security work, focusing on internal infrastructure security and partnering with our internal IT, infrastructure, and compliance teams.
In this role, you’ll also have an opportunity to make a significant impact by helping establish the culture and practices for security engineering at Cockroach Labs.You Will
- Work with our IT team to monitor and respond to security alerts from our endpoint security system (Crowdstrike) and MDM systems
- Monitor fleet security patching and vulnerability management
- Work with our infrastructure teams to manage GCP and AWS environments for engineering and other departments
- Help manage company identity systems
- Provide incident response for internal security events
- Work with the compliance team to conduct third party SaaS security reviews and support other compliance initiatives such as SOC 2 and GDPR
- Build internal security culture by leading internal security awareness and training program
In your first 30 days, you will become an integrated member of our security team. You’ll become familiar with our production systems, software development workflow, security systems and processes, and system architecture for CockroachDB and CockroachCloud. We believe that it's essential for you to take this first month to become familiar with our technology and our company.
In your second month, you’ll start to work with our Corporate Engineering team to learn about our identity management, fleet management, and endpoint security systems. You’ll also work with our infrastructure teams to make security improvements to these systems.
In your third month, you’ll be leading processes to monitor and respond to security events from our security monitoring systems, and will take ownership of reporting and following up on these.You Have
- Significant previous experience in a enterprise security role
- 2+ years of experience in a production operations role
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with AWS or GCP
- Understanding of networking concepts and cloud security best practices
Reporting to Ken Liu - Director of Engineering
Ken Liu is an experienced engineering leader, having managed engineering teams at several high-growth startups in NYC over the past 6 years. Prior, he worked in various industries as a software engineer including Novartis Pharmaceuticals, IEEE, and BMW. In his free time, he spends most of his energy keeping up with his two kids but occasionally likes to relive the 90s by rollerblading.Benefits
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you and your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at [email protected]