YieldStreet is hiring an DevOps Engineer to work on the team responsible for all of our technical infrastructure. Our suite of reactive applications are served on AWS. The job is to ensure that everything runs smoothly, the lights stay on, and we have prepared for bad luck with good planning.
This role is for someone who has experience operating cloud native applications. You will be working on a team that is partially remote and reporting to the Director of Infrastructure.
About The Role:
The most important job on the DevOps Engineering team at YieldStreet is to keep the applications available. This means planning for the worst and working with engineering teams to ensure we have the proper resources available and provisions in place to fail gracefully.
How To Apply:
When sending your application, tell us about yourself, your crown achievements, your failures and your learnings and how you think they can fit here at YieldStreet. Use some of the examples of what you might do in the description of the role below and walk us through some of the sample solutions.
Here are some examples of things you might work on:
- Work with software teams to determine the best infrastructure and middleware to use for their applications. This could include choosing database engines, benchmarking server configurations, working with consultants such as Confluent, and validating those assumptions with our cloud provider.
- Develop automation tooling to ensure there is as little human interaction to keep builds repeatable and measurable. You will write Terraform modules and code to deploy infrastructure, Ansible/CloudInit to bootstrap servers, and Python/Golang code to automate additional processes not covered by those applications.
- Work with the Cybersecurity team to bolster our defenses against bad actors and internal threats due to misuse using EDR and SIEM tools and developing checks against CIS Benchmarks.
- Automation is a first class product in the Infrastructure team at YieldStreet, this includes the building and deployment of applications. You may work on improving our build tools and the underlying jobs they run to create application artifacts.
- Develop optimal deployment patterns for our applications which can include static code analysis for security and language linting, container layer security scanning, infrastructure performance testing, and infrastructure unit testing.
- Develop testing plans and drills for restoring backups and our disaster recovery environment.
- Continue our practice of Observability by discovering new metrics that impact our SLO’s.
- Develop random failures (chaos engineering) to ensure that our services are resilient and can fail gracefully.
- Respond to critical incidents and participate in blameless post mortems over the following days as well as follow ups to ensure our system and our processes prevent those failures in the future.
On the DevOps Engineering team, we are the first line of defense against issues in our system and thus you analyze every change in the context of a much bigger picture, assess its risk for the future, and how it impacts other applications in the environment.
Being a small team in the engineering organization that is constantly innovating and paying down tech debt, you look to eliminate inefficient processes and time consuming work by automating at every opportunity for your team members and the broader engineering organization.
You are pragmatic and you understand that your decisions can impact applications all the way up the stack. This also means you are willing to dump processes and procedures that are not productive and learn from those failures to create ones that do.
At YieldStreet, we have the goal of becoming the largest wealth management company on the planet, and that means thinking out of the box to prevent the scale problems we will experience early on. You enjoy seeking opportunities to learn, onboard new tools, and teach.
Yieldstreet is building the largest global digital wealth management platform to change the way wealth is created. With an investor-first approach, our investor community builds a diversified portfolio of investments outside of the stock market to generate passive income. Yieldstreet is giving unprecedented access to asset classes such as Real Estate, Marine, Legal, Art & Private Business Credit. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices in Brazil, Argentina, Malta and Greece.
We offer an attractive market compensation and benefits package including a stock option plan, health, dental & vision benefits, life insurance, unlimited paid vacation, sabbatical and paid holidays and that's before you even step in the office!
This is an opportunity to work with a group of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages. Our team is composed of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $1B, and we continue to stay social during the pandemic with virtual social hours, exercise classes, meditation sessions, recipe sharing and so much more!
Yieldstreet is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.