We’re working to change the way wealth is created.
And, we’ve been growing like crazy. Join us on this amazing journey.
YieldStreet connects investors to opportunities in alternative asset classes like real estate, litigation finance, marine finance and art finance. YieldStreet was created because our founders were frustrated by the lack of options regular investors had to participate in asset backed investment opportunities that also had low correlation to the stock market.
We believe top notch technology and data can help us build the world’s most robust alternative investment platform and create financial independence for all.
About the Role
YieldStreet has a large, complex and expanding technology platform, with a world class, global engineering team. Our Product and Technology organization is looking for a strong leader with a deep passion for software quality and hands-on experience in building and leading QA and automation teams.
QA and Test automation is a vital portfolio at YieldStreet, given the complexity of our platform and architecture, the regulated nature of our products, and the distributed nature of our teams. The role reports directly to the CTO, and as a leader in the tech organization, we will trust you with ensuring the quality, robustness and scalability of the platform, and building a team that helps you do it. We build constantly, deploy frequently, and move fast while trying to break as little as possible. We need your help to minimize that breakage even more, while delivering even faster!
We need you to:
- First and foremost, live and breathe software quality, and lose sleep over sub-par software products
- Build, train and nurture a QA and automation team around you that shares this mindset
- Define and build best-in-class processes, practices and toolchains to integrate testing through our entire software development and continuous delivery process
- Collaborate closely with engineering leads, product managers and leadership to continuously improve the quality of our products and architect test harnesses for continuous testing
- Identify areas of improvement in the platform and process and define remedial measures to fix them
- Set benchmark metrics for software quality across the product organization and work with team leads to define a way to measure, meet and exceed them.
About you:You have at least 6-7 years of experience managing and scaling QA teams, and delivering quality consumer-facing products
- You have an eye for finding talent, and an aptitude to be a mentor to the talent you find.
- You have an uncanny ability to find innovative ways to break software, and map a way to not only fix the breakage but a way to ensure it never breaks that way again
- You have the vision and experience to visualize a product at scale, and define a growth plan to meet that scale
- You are a programmer, at heart and by training, and always looking to deploy your programming skills to automate the testing process to the fullest extent possible
- You complement your programming skills with an eagle eye for manual testing, never satisfied with what appears at first, second or third glances
- Anything less than 90% code coverage is simply not acceptable to you
- You have the ability to clearly communicate product decisions and the rationale behind them, tailoring your verbal and written communications to your audience
- You have excellent organizational skills and proven ability to lead through influence rather than direct authority
- You have dealt with hands-on, a range of testing and automation tools, such as Selenium, Blazemeter, Runscope, Appium, BrowserStack, Jenkins/CircleCI, Email on Acid, etc.
Extra brownie points for specific experience with:
- Financial services or products
- Infrastructure and DevOps
- API testing (e.g. Runscope)
- Working with databases and shells
We offer an attractive market salary, stock option plan, health & dental benefits, life insurance, 401(k), paid vacation and holidays - and that’s before you even step in the office!
This is an opportunity to work with a group of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages. Our team is comprised of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $1B, and we get social with each other during happy hours in our work hard/play hard culture. Make sure you get to know Diver the fish, and help yourself to a variety of top tier scotch and whiskies at the company bar.
We’re located in a beautiful new office in Midtown, our building is close to most major subway lines.