The Farmer’s Dog was built to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. Backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, and Sweetgreen, we've raised over $100M in funding and seek to build a company as healthy as the dogs we feed.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to resolve ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
#LongLiveDogsWhere You'll Come In
The Farmer’s Dog is looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing Engineering Department on our Corgi Team.
This person will be responsible for creating and maintaining our React driven component library. This library serves as the building blocks for all our user interfaces and is developed in close collaboration with Product Design.
An ideal candidate would be someone who has an eye for detail and is passionate about creating reusable, accessible and responsive interfaces. They are eager to provide mentorship to their teammates, passionate about working with other specialists to drive standard methodologies and have strong communication skills.How You'll Make An Impact
- Contribute clean testable code.
- Write unit and integration tests.
- Peer review code commits.
- Respond to bugs and incidents as they arise.
- Support internal teams
- 2+ years of professional experience working as a Software Engineer doing hands on development
- Recent experience working as a Software Engineer with frontend focused work
- Shown understanding of HTML and, CSS
- We take pride in writing software the right way. That means peer reviews, ample time to refactor code, and write tests
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (upon a safe return-to-office!)
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO and (when in office) WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in person-meetings) is now a feature, not a bug