About Nifty Gateway
Nifty Gateway is the premiere, all-in-one platform that makes it easy to buy, sell, and store digital art and collectibles, otherwise known as Nifties (or NFTs). Nifty Gateway was founded by Duncan and Griffin Cock Foster in 2018, and acquired by Gemini in 2019, with the belief that crypto networks and the blockchain have the power to fundamentally change the art world by creating greater choice, independence, and opportunity for artists, creators, and collectors.
Nifty Gateway is a “startup within a startup” – we’re Gemini employees, and we use some of Gemini’s crypto infrastructure, but we have our own tech stack and our own unique team culture.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Quality Assurance
At Gemini, our Quality Assurance team is deeply knowledgeable about our products and product features and have a knack for comprehensive analysis from both the developer and end-user perspectives. They are effective communicators in code who aren’t afraid to think outside of the box. As key partners in deployment, the QA team consistently ensures that we clear a high bar of excellence.
The Role: Lead Quality Assurance Engineer, Nifty Gateway
As our first Quality Assurance engineer at Nifty Gateway, you’ll be responsible for defining new practices and procedures for integration testing and putting them into action, using your programming skills to design and develop detailed and robust test automation. You'll work closely with our existing team of software engineers and help us hire more QA engineers as appropriate. The ideal candidate loves to code and loves to immerse themselves in solving challenging problems. We welcome candidates with opinionated views on the role of QA in a fast-growing startup and the right tools to use. This position will report to the Nifty Gateway CTO.
- Develop and refine practice and procedures for testing of the Nifty Gateway website, mobile app, and infrastructure.
- Test new products, product features, and bug fixes in the functional areas of Nifty Gateway:
- Payment processing, including cryptocurrency payments
- Daily timed drops of new artwork, causing a flood of site traffic
- Marketplace and Nifty discovery features
- Smart contracts
- Blockchain operations for creating and managing Nifties
- Various user interfaces
- APIs of various flavors
- Write automated tests necessary to ensure the operation and correctness of new product features as well as overall system behavior (i.e., regression testing).
- Develop and communicate best practices for the development team to increase software quality.
- Execute various phases of functional and nonfunctional testing to certify the quality of new software releases.
- Provide input as required to the planning, requirements definition, and design process for new products and product features, with an eye toward testability.
- Review other test engineers’ code and test plans for completeness, correctness, style, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or alternative related field (or commensurate work experience)
- 5+ years experience with functional and performance testing in large-scale, complex, full-stack systems
- 5+ years experience working with automation tools/frameworks (e.g., Selenium, Cypress, Appium, TestNG, RestAssured, RSpec, Mocha/Chai, etc.)
- Experience working with financial technology, such as exchanges or trading firms
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Experience working with Bitcoin, Ethereum, and/or blockchain technology
- Experience with automated mobile UI testing
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.