See all roles
As a team leader, you’ll be a hands-on participant to help improve our application and cloud security, and to implement best practices across the security team.
Frame.io is changing the future of how videos are made by helping over 1 million creative professionals seamlessly collaborate from all over the world.
We’re backed by Accel, FirstMark, Insight Partners, SignalFire, Jared Leto, and a host of other amazing investors. Our market-leading product is used and loved by companies such as Turner, Disney, NASA, Snapchat, BBC, BuzzFeed, TED, Adobe, Udemy, and many more.
We’re in an exciting period of growth and are always seeking extremely talented and passionate individuals who share our vision for helping visual content creators produce their best work.
About the Role
The Security Team at Frame.io is responsible for ensuring the protection of our customers’ data and content, and we’re looking for a manager that’s passionate about security to help us continue improving our commitment to our users. In this hands-on manager role, you'll lead and work alongside the security team to focus on improving cloud and application security measures, integrate new and support existing security applications, manage container security, and work with our VP to define a security culture + roadmap.
You'll collaborate with diverse teams throughout the organization, guiding their adoption and improvement of security practices as we continue to scale our infrastructure and service growth in the cloud. If you have experience in managing product and application security in a complex AWS environment and are driven to continue learning and growing with your team, we want to speak with you!
We are always looking for new ideas and staying active within the security community including writing research papers on threat intelligence pipelines, presenting at KubeCon, AWS Re:invent, and so much more.
- You have 5+ years of direct hands-on product security engineering experience and 2+ years managing or leading teams.
- You have experience with project and roadmap planning.
- You thrive in fast-paced and ever-changing environments, and are self-motivated and results-oriented.
- You value facilitating the growth of your team. You ensure that their careers progress and that the team culture is collaborative and inclusive.
- You have a strong foundation in and an in-depth technical knowledge of application security, particularly web application and ios security.
- You have expertise in application security related concepts, such as authentication, authorization, data integrity, session management, access controls, and input/output handling
- You have a strong understanding of cryptographic algorithms and protocols.
- You’re well versed in cloud security (AWS, GCP, Azure) preferably AWS, and an understanding of common exploitation techniques against AWS accounts.
- You’re experienced with security tools like Burp or Zap, and other proxies and conducting application penetration tests.
- You have experience in managing a bug bounty and vulnerability management programs
- You’re proficient in one or more of the programming languages (Elixir, Node.js, Python, Go)
- Manage, mentor and inspire a team of engineers who are passionate about security. Provide vision and set direction while leading effectively through outcomes rather than tasks.
- Build the team through personal growth and recruitment.
- Collaborate with developers, product owners, and other colleagues to ensure secure design, development, and implementation of applications.
- Serve as the security expert and communicate information security-related concepts to technical and non-technical team members.
- Work with our VP to determine our security roadmap and goals.
- Build and implement solutions that monitor and validate security controls throughout our product and cloud infrastructure.
- Research and validate security vulnerabilities, and propose solutions for remediation or mitigation.
- Cultivate relationships with diverse, cross-functional teams to grow our collaborative culture and improve the security of our customers' content.
- Evangelize security best practices throughout the company. We care, show us how we can continue to improve!
- Promote collaboration and sharing of knowledge through regular demos, presentations, or blog posts within Frame.io as well as to the external technical community.
- Competitive salary and equity
- Paid parental leave for primary or secondary caregivers
- Unlimited PTO and designated Volunteering paid time off
- Work From Anywhere Week
- Yearly stipend for learning and development
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance and OneMedical membership
- Pre-tax commuter benefit and Flexible Spending Account
- Daily catered lunch & fully stocked kitchen with cold brew on tap
- Discounted gym membership, Classpass discount and Free Citi-Bike membership
Our philosophy is simple. At Frame.io, we believe that working with people of different backgrounds and perspectives allows us to elevate each other and helps us build a better product for our users.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and are committed to providing all employees with a work environment that celebrates individuality and remains free from any form of discrimination and harassment. We base our employment decisions on the needs of our business, job requirements, and applicants' qualifications. In other words, we only care that you’re the best person for the job.