Senior Backend Engineer, Insights & Intelligence Team at Catalyst Software
Catalyst is the world’s most intuitive Customer Success Platform (CSP), and was built by an experienced group of industry leaders. Our software integrates with all of the tools that CS teams are already using to provide one centralized view of customer data. Customer Success Managers can subsequently take the right actions to prevent churn, increase product adoption, and align the entire organization on a unified workflow to manage customers throughout their journey. Catalyst helps organizations turn Customer Success into a company-wide mission.
Catalyst empowers its users to understand the state of their customers across many different data sources, including SaaS, data warehouses, and product usage data. As a Senior Engineer on our CS Intelligence team, you will be responsible for designing and implementing the architecture, modeling, and pipelining for systems that will need to scale into 100s of TB of data.
What You’ll Do
- Contribute to the the next implementation of our core data model
- Execute engineering tasks with maturity in a variety of languages, including JVM-based and Ruby
- Own large application engineering projects, as well as our core ETL and querying processes
- Set and implement data security standards
- Architect and drive implementation for self-serve data processing throughout our business
- Work with a variety of open source and GCP technologies
- Work with stream and queue-based solutions
- Understand and extend our current warehousing strategies
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years of experience with successfully implementing modern data architectures
- Strong Project Management skills
- Demonstrated experience implementing ETL pipelines for self-service business users
- Deep understanding of database management systems (we leverage Postgres for both OLTP and OLAP)
- A strong desire to show ownership of problems you identify, and proven ability to empower others to get more done
- Experience with Data Warehouses such as Redshift, Snowflake
- Experience with streaming tools like Pulsar, Kafka, Flink, or Spark (preferred)
- Familiarity with one or more workflow tools such as Airflow, NiFi, or Azkaban (preferred)
- Understanding of hardware performance (preferred)
- Familiarity with Linux systems (preferred)
Why You’ll Love Working Here!
- Highly competitive compensation package, including equity - everyone has a stake in our growth
- Comprehensive benefits, including up to 100% paid medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage for you & your loved ones
- Open vacation policy, encouraging you to take the time you need - we trust you to strike the right work/life balance
- Annual education stipend, to ensure that you're continuously expanding your skill set
- Monthly wellness stipend, to ensure that you’re taking care of both your physical & mental health
- Monthly remote team-building events, including game nights, trivia, cooking/mixology classes, and more!
Catalyst is an equal opportunity employer, meaning that we do not discriminate based upon race, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, or any other protected class. We believe that diversity is more than just good intentions, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.