WHO WE ARE:
Resy is the American Express global dining platform. Our mission is to power the world’s best restaurants, using technology to imagine the future of hospitality. We serve 5,000 restaurants globally.
Our customers discover the amazing world of restaurants thanks to our content-rich website and innovative mobile app. Our diners are insiders, and we love having them at the table.
We’re hiring, too. Interested in joining our team of restaurant-obsessed explorers? Right this way.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
At Resy, we are tackling hard problems with elegant solutions and scaling very quickly. As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will play a crucial role in taking our product to the next level. We are seeking ambitious coders who are eager to build out exciting features for our restaurant partners and Resy diners. The ideal candidates can work quickly while producing pristine work. You thrive in a dynamic and constantly evolving environment, you are a collaborator and an innovator, and you are excited about what technology is doing for the hospitality industry.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 5+ years of experience working as a Software Engineer, preferably in a fast-paced startup environment
- You are a self-starter but very comfortable working closely with a team
- You are comfortable working with stakeholders outside the Engineering team including our Product, Sales and Account Management teams
- You have strong expertise with the following:
- Python / Ruby / PHP
- RDBMS and database design
- Unit/Functional Testing
- Implementing and building APIs
BIG PLUS IF YOU HAVE:
- Python/MySQL Experience
- SQL Performance tuning
- Microservice architectures
- AWS - EC2 / RDS / S3 / SQS
- Kafka / Celery / Flask / Django / Supervisord / MongoDB
- Dev-ops experience
- Jira / Clubhouse.io or other project management tool
- Payment systems experience
- Websockets experience
- You enjoy at least one of the following things: shishito peppers, uni, or creme anglaise
Resy is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a diverse team of employees and creating an inclusive environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.