Catalyst is the world’s most intuitive Customer Success Platform (CSP), and was built by an experienced group of industry leaders. Our software integrates with all of the tools that CS teams are already using to provide one centralized view of customer data. Customer Success Managers can subsequently take the right actions to prevent churn, increase product adoption, and align the entire organization on a unified workflow to manage customers throughout their journey. Catalyst helps organizations turn Customer Success into a company-wide mission.
We’re looking for a Senior Fullstack Engineer to join the Workflows team and build the tools that Customer Success Managers need to streamline their work and collaborate more effectively. From automating their customer lifecycles, to tracking their large team initiatives and controlling how information is shared between users, you’ll focus on the features that supercharge our users’ process from end to end. As a senior member of the team, you’ll also play a role in defining the conventions, best practices and processes of Engineering at Catalyst. If you’re excited to help change the way companies relate to their customers and are passionate about building a beautiful and intuitive product that wows users, let’s chat!
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with developers, design and product to build the features that our users use everyday. Partner with Engineering Manager and Product Manager to finalize requirements and project scope
- Contribute to defining best practices around quality, observability and scalability
- Foster the development of teammates through mentorship and code reviews
- Build consensus around solutions that balance solving for our current business cases, future iterations and maintainability
- Identify performance bottlenecks and advocate for improvements to our evolving backend and frontend infrastructure
What You’ll Need
- Experience working across the full stack of modern web applications and a track record of driving improvements to a legacy codebase
- Deep empathy for the customer experience and pain points, and an insatiable curiosity about product decisions
- Extensive experience in designing and building highly scalable web services with considerations for real time functionality, flux pattern implementation, distributed systems and/or relational database query performance. Deep knowledge of Ruby on Rails and Vue (or other comparable languages and frameworks)
- Familiarity with common API and services design best practices
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to teammates and stakeholders, regardless of their experience or technical expertise
- Ability to identify the gaps in a technical solution, product brief or design, while leaving space for different ideas and collaborating with teammates to come to the best solution
- Sound judgment when balancing moving quickly with producing quality code and long-term code maintainability
- A love for shipping features that delight customers and enable them to be more effective at their jobs
Why You’ll Love Working Here!
- Highly competitive compensation package, including equity - everyone has a stake in our growth
- Comprehensive benefits, including 100% paid medical insurance coverage for you, your partner, and your dependents
- Unlimited vacation policy, encouraging you to take the time you need - we trust you to strike the right work/life balance
- Personal Seamless account, to be used for free daily lunches; catered team lunches twice per week
- Annual education stipend, to ensure that you're continuously expanding your skill set
- Monthly team-building events (including game nights - Super Smash Brothers, Team Fortress 2, and Codenames, anyone?, trivia, and more!)
Catalyst is an equal opportunity employer, meaning that we do not discriminate based upon race, religion, national origin, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, or any other protected class. We believe that diversity is more than just good intentions, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.