About the Role
You will be part of a core engineering team building the world’s most robust lending platform to connect Investors with borrowers. You’ll own feature development from conception and design to end-to-end testing to deployment. You’ll focus on the robustness of the codebase, the aesthetics of the user’s experience, and the performance of our web and mobile platforms. You’ll build out and iterate on strategies for our new and existing software architecture, minimizing code complexity, and writing robust documentation. As a Senior Engineer, you will mentor other engineers and help us establish best standards and practices to scale our team and technology.
While we're all remote for the moment, we're looking for a candidate who can be based out of NYC. When we eventually return to the office, we expect to take a hybrid-office approach where you can work from home but be in the office 2-3 days a week.
What you'll need:
- 2+ years of experience with and expert knowledge of ReactJS
- 2+ year of experience building out performant and scalable software architecture
- Experience working on large consumer-facing products
- Experience using appropriate code quality and testing frameworks (ESLint, Jest, Enzyme, etc.)
- Experience working collaboratively with Design, Product, and Engineering to translate UX/UI designs into reusable, scalable components.
- Good design sensibilities
Bonus points for:
- B.S. in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- Experience working with large consumer-facing mobile applications
- React Native experience
- Experience with defensive-programming techniques, tracking metrics & analytics, A/B testing, and test driven development
Yieldstreet is building the largest global digital wealth management platform to change the way wealth is created. With an investor-first approach, our investor community builds a diversified portfolio of investments outside of the stock market to generate passive income. Yieldstreet is giving unprecedented access to asset classes such as Real Estate, Marine, Legal, Art & Private Business Credit. We’re headquartered in New York City with offices in Brazil, Argentina, Malta and Greece.
We offer an attractive market compensation and benefits package including a stock option plan, health, dental & vision benefits, life insurance, unlimited paid vacation, sabbatical and paid holidays and that's before you even step in the office!
This is an opportunity to work with a group of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages. Our team is composed of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $1B, and we continue to stay social during the pandemic with virtual social hours, exercise classes, meditation sessions, recipe sharing and so much more!
Yieldstreet is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.